Fair Tribunals at Guantanamo? (Was: YANK CHILD ABUSERS :: another reason to kill americans abroad ???)

Old August 5th 03, 05:05 PM
Jim

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:23:47 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

What is unsatisfactory in your View might I ask..

The fact that your government is detaining British citizens
illegally. and that they are facing a kangaroo court.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Oh I see... Now I get it... you disagree with our (the US) Kangroo Kourt
and you agree with the (EU- Brussles ) Kangroo Kourt?
It guess it just depends if you control the Kangroos (judges) very
intresting.

Jim

Old August 5th 03, 05:33 PM
Jim

Like Indians, I have reservations.

People who are born in Ireland are Irish, people who pretend
they are Irish because their ancestors fled the potato famine
or the police, and settled in another land displacing its
indigenous people are more correctly called Americans

- when being polite.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

No we screwed Native Americans no about that, (as did the French and British
and Spanish before us)
I am honest enough to admit that. However , Indians are Americans by your
definition...

I wounder is a Brit born in Hong Kong then Chinese? Pounder that...

As for Americans of Irish decent, or English decent or German decent,
we may be americans as country of birth however our ancestry and etnicity.
can be English or german or dutch Irish .....

For example I am an American with English, Welsh Danish and German
ancestors.

One last observation, it must really **** the old world off that the dregs
and cast outs of your Euoroean Society have
grown up to be Stronger, faster, Richer, freer and could have if we trully
wished stepped on you like a bug.

Jim

Old August 5th 03, 05:35 PM
Jim

- when being polite.

nonsense. nations are characterized both by cultural descent and by
attachment to a place. Inhabiting the place is neither necessary nor
suffiient to constitute "attachment" Diasporas do not change the fact
of who is a member of the national community In the case of any
country occupied by force this is especially important.

Vince

No Vince, Brits born in Honk Kong are chineese.....

Jim

Old August 5th 03, 06:39 PM
Jim Watt

On 5 Aug 2003 07:42:17 -0700, (vince) wrote:

Jim Watt wrote in message . ..
On 4 Aug 2003 19:32:23 -0700,
(vince) wrote:

"William Black" wrote in message ...
"Jim" wrote in message
Why occupy someone elses
country against the wishes of its inhabitants ?

Like IRELAND?

And which bit of the island of Ireland is occupied against the wishes of a
majority of its inhabitants?

oooooo how clever

if you kill the inhabitants and bring in your own folks its never

"occupied against the wishes of a majority of its inhabitants?"

Vince

Like Indians, I have reservations.

People who are born in Ireland are Irish, people who pretend
they are Irish because their ancestors fled the potato famine
or the police, and settled in another land displacing its
indigenous people are more correctly called Americans

- when being polite.

nonsense. nations are characterized both by cultural descent and by
attachment to a place. Inhabiting the place is neither necessary nor
suffiient to constitute "attachment" Diasporas do not change the fact
of who is a member of the national community In the case of any
country occupied by force this is especially important.

Vince

Northern Ireland is somewhat different to Palestine and Iraq.

I see the churches in Dublin are being replaced by mosques
and the nigerians now run the protection rackets. The Tinkers
get mugged by Albanians and a Europe with open frontiers
means that Ireland now has an immigration problem.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com
Old August 5th 03, 06:49 PM
Jim Watt

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:33:58 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

One last observation, it must really **** the old world off that the dregs
and cast outs of your Euoroean Society have
grown up to be Stronger, faster, Richer, freer and could have if we trully
wished stepped on you like a bug.

No, we just cringe at those sufficiently ignorant as to believe their
own propaganda.
--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
Old August 5th 03, 06:58 PM
Jim Watt

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:05:22 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

"Jim Watt" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:23:47 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

What is unsatisfactory in your View might I ask..

The fact that your government is detaining British citizens
illegally. and that they are facing a kangaroo court.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Oh I see... Now I get it... you disagree with our (the US) Kangroo Kourt
and you agree with the (EU- Brussles ) Kangroo Kourt?
It guess it just depends if you control the Kangroos (judges) very
intresting.

Jim

One has an independent judicary which nobody controls and the
other takes orders from the military, compare and contrast.

--
Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
Old August 5th 03, 06:59 PM
William Black

om...

"Jim" wrote in message
Why occupy someone elses
country against the wishes of its inhabitants ?

Like IRELAND?

And which bit of the island of Ireland is occupied against the wishes of

majority of its inhabitants?

oooooo how clever

if you kill the inhabitnats nd bring inyour own folks its never

"occupied against the wishes of a majority of its inhabitants?"

Come off it Vince, it's all from well before anyone but Indians were a
majority where you live.

--
William Black
------------------

Old August 5th 03, 08:35 PM
Jim

"William Black" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message

On my Visit to Ireland I came to the understanding from talking to

Irishmen
that the majority of "Irish" would perfer the British left...
The Irish I talked with made it clear there was 1 Ireland and the only
reason there is a notheren is a minority of Irishmen (ulsters??) wish

the

I imagine something similar gets said in Iraq as well.

However Ireland has been occupied and held since 1172 or there abouts the
south release in the 1920's

I guess you will have a valid argument if we are still occupying IRAQ in say
800 years.

jim