Preliminary NTSB Report on the Oshkosh P51 Crash Released

Old August 4th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default Preliminary NTSB Report on the Oshkosh P51 Crash Released

"Morgans" wrote in message

snip

You started this little ****ing contest. End it.

I simply asked for confirmation of who this P-51 community was that you were
being the spokesman for. A simple response, similar to the comments Dudley
made would have worked great. But that wasn't enough for you. You didn't
like me challanging you being a spokesman for a community you are not a part
of and dug deep down to come up with gross insults that had NOTHING to do
with the topic on hand.

If you don't like being flamed, I recommend you not flame others.

Danny Deger

Old August 4th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Danny Deger" wrote

If you don't like being flamed, I recommend you not flame others.

I don't mind the heat, AT ALL.

I do mind being quoted as speaking for a group that I have no association
with.

I am still waiting for your retraction, placing me as speaking for the P-51
community.

For those of the community, I am sorry this person has attributed my
flaming, as though it is me speaking for you. It is me, personally, not any
P-51 people making any derogatory comments towards this little person.

I'm done. Since I fully expect that you will not retract anything or
apologize, I am doing it on your behalf.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 4th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Morgans[_2_]

"Danny Deger" wrote more drivel, showing he has:

0.0 reading comprehension. You are one messed up dude. Seek help.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 4th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Jeff[_1_]

It's ok...most of us know what the difference in and is.

jf

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
news
Gattman wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
news
This has squat to do with the NOTAM and the normal oshkosh show
arrivals. The airport was effectively closed except for the
five planes in the air "race" demo and the DC3 that was launching
to drop the skydivers for the next act.

This is perhaps tangentally-related, but, for those of you who have
participated or monitored -during- the airshow, how much pressure is put
on the performers to return as quickly as possible after their
performance.

Just for the record, I said nothing above as attributed to me by Gattman.
You need to learn how to use a news reader.

Matt

Old August 4th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Jeff[_1_]

But seriously - from this group, can you imagine that a new thread would
NOT
be started when the report is out?

Then can I opin on what I saw with my own eyes?

Old August 4th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Danny Deger

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Danny Deger" wrote more drivel, showing he has:

0.0 reading comprehension. You are one messed up dude. Seek help.

At least you are consistant. Just pull out the worst insults you can think
of and throw them around. You forgot to insult my mother and my dog while
you were at it. Why don't you go off to the warez groups where such netique
is the norm? I would like to keep this group on the topic of piloting
aircraft..

Danny Deger

Old August 4th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Matt Whiting

Danny Deger wrote:
I forgot to mention the other safety tip I added to this thread. Based
on my personal experience doing many of them -- after being trained by
the Air Force -- formation landings are dangerous. Maybe somebody
reading this message will someday avoid death by not attempting this
dangerous maneuver without proper training. Dudley has pointed out this
dangerous maneuver is not recommended in P-51 and was not the cause of
the recent death of a fellow pilot.

As to the P-51 community thinking I am a NOBODY, I have flown 3 aircraft
that are much higher performance than the P-51. By my standards it is
underpowered, climbs like a brick, has a low service ceiling, is very
slow, and isn't armed heavily enough to do much damage to enemy aircraft
or enemy forces on the ground. Also, I am an owner of a prewar, vintage
taildragger that I fly often. Last thing, as the Space Shuttle Entry
Training Flow Supervisor I literally wrote the book on flying from Mach
25 to Mach 1. This is not a misprint. By anybody's standards I am a
leading expert on how to fly an aircraft at Mach 25. If this makes me a
NOBODY to someone who has flown or owns a P-51, then I want no part of
this community. My guess is you are a poor spokesman for the P-51
community.

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and
go elsewhere.

Matt
Old August 4th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Jeff wrote:
But seriously - from this group, can you imagine that a new thread would
NOT
be started when the report is out?

Then can I opin on what I saw with my own eyes?

Eyewitness accounts of plane crashes are interesting when investigated.
At Cape May in 1971 at the Air Races we lost 5 planes in two separate
mid-air collisions in the same race. I was an eye witness to that event
along with many others. During the investigation, we interviewed several
eye witnesses. Many of these people had seen the event from the same
direction and the same angle. No two eye witnesses reported seeing
exactly the same thing. The macro picture was close, but the micro
details were quite different, and it's the details in such an event that
are needed by an investigating team.
I discussed this at some length with a friend of mine from the FBI on a
later occasion.
He verified what I had suspected; that there is a highly complicated
mental process involved with visual impact shock vs recall that involves
the mind "adjusting" what the eye has seen in an instant in time to
reflect a preconceived path of logic that involves the mind mentally
completing in recall by "adjusted" logic detail that the mind says
should be there to complete the picture.
The rest of it was WAY over my pay grade, but the bottom line is that
when you see something as traumatic as say a mid-air collision, your
eyewitness account of that event can be flawed.
Dudley Henriques
Old August 4th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Danny Deger

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Danny Deger wrote:

snip

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and go
elsewhere.

Sorry, I got kind of carried away there. I will try and calm down a bit.

Danny Deger

Old August 4th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Matt Whiting

Danny Deger wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Danny Deger wrote:

snip

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and
go elsewhere.

Sorry, I got kind of carried away there. I will try and calm down a bit.

I'm glad to hear that.

Cheers,
Matt