Club insurance?

Old March 20th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert Barker

Default Club insurance?

It's that time of year again. It's time for our club to renew it's
insurance. We're currently with AVEMCO but want to try to find something
less expensive. They also impose a limit on the # of members we can have
per airplane and would like to get out from under that restriction. Any
recommendations for or against other companies? Experiences?

Thanks

Old March 20th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan[_1_]

On Mar 19, 7:07*pm, "Robert Barker" wrote:
It's that time of year again. *It's time for our club to renew it's
insurance. *We're currently with AVEMCO but want to try to find something
less expensive. *They also impose a limit on the # of members we can have
per airplane and would like to get out from under that restriction. *Any
recommendations for or against other companies? *Experiences?

Thanks

We used to be on AVEMCO for our club, but moved to AIG a few years
back. Better coverage for less money as I recall. No limits on # of
members per airplane either.

--Dan
Old March 20th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Isaksen

"Robert Barker" wrote ...
We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have per club airplane.

Do you recall the member count per airplane they set as a limit?

Old March 21st 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert Barker

"Mike Isaksen" wrote in message

"Robert Barker" wrote ...
We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have per club airplane.

Do you recall the member count per airplane they set as a limit?

They had several levels with different rates at each level. We're currently
limited to 25 members per aircraft.

Old March 21st 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Isaksen

"Robert Barker" wrote ...
We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have per club airplane.

"Mike Isaksen" wrote ...
Do you recall the member count per airplane they set as a limit?

"Robert Barker" wrote ...
They had several levels with different rates at each level.
We're currently limited to 25 members per aircraft.

OK, that's what i've seen in their past. I thought for a moment that you
were foreshadowing a major change in their underwriting policy. It seems
fair for AVEMCO to charge higher premiums in steps as the member count per
airplane goes up.

Old March 21st 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Fla. regulators seek to suspend AIG unit
'Given that these actions are in clear violation of the law, the
office is left with little choice,' said Steve Parton, general counsel
for the Office of Insurance Regulation. 'The office has warned
American General in the past, but they have refused to change their
practices.'
American General, a subsidiary of American International Group Inc.,
has $338.2 million in annual premiums for variable annuities, group
life and annuities, variable life, credit life, credit disability, and
accident and health policies sold in Florida, OIR spokesman Ed
Domansky said.

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************88

You might want to do some homework...

denny
Old March 21st 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Isaksen

Default Club insurance? Club utilization?

"Robert Barker" ...
"Mike Isaksen" ...

"Robert Barker" wrote ...
We're currently with AVEMCO.... They impose a limit on
the # of members we can have per club airplane.

Do you recall the member count per airplane they set as a limit?

They had several levels with different rates at each level. We're
currently limited to 25 members per aircraft.

As another followup, 25 (flying and named on policy) members per airplane
would have seemed unmanageable 10 or 20 years ago. My club meetings turned
into tirates when we first considered going from 10 to 12 per plane. Now I'm
seeing member flying hours per year in the single digits, and a club almost
needs 20 members per just to keep operational hours on the planes above 250
per year.

What are you guys seeing as the recent numbers coming in from the clubs?
a. Recent and past "hours per member per year"?
b. Recent and past "hours per plane per year"?

Old March 21st 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BillJ

Mike Isaksen wrote:
[...]

Our club with 20 members and 1 IFR Warrior has dropped from 350 to 100
hours in just two years. Rates are $50 per hour +33 per montht, and
need to go up. We are considering going to 25 members. Avemco says rates
(now $35000 will go up 10% if we do, but not until next renewal.
Old March 21st 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"BillJ" wrote in message

says rates
(now $35000 will go up 10% if we do, but not until next renewal.

Is that a typo?

Old March 21st 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:38:05 GMT, "Steve Foley"
wrote:

"BillJ" wrote in message

says rates
(now $35000 will go up 10% if we do, but not until next renewal.

Is that a typo?

I would hope so, that's barely short of the kind of number I've seen
quoted for a CE510.

Club Insurance Robert Barker Piloting 6 March 24th 08 04:48 PM
Insurance ? Kyle Boatright Owning 6 November 20th 05 03:44 AM
Insurance: did you know? Michael Horowitz Owning 0 June 14th 04 07:27 PM
Insurance Ross Richardson Owning 3 March 9th 04 10:31 PM
Cheapest Club (was Best Gliding Club Website) Clint Soaring 20 November 15th 03 04:49 AM