Pinckneyville Pix

Old June 4th 04, 08:25 PM
Michael

(Badwater Bill) wrote
So, for
$50 million in equipment and about another $100 million per year to
operate them, you seal the Mexican-U.S. border.

And here I thought you were smart. Clue time - nobody wants that
border sealed, or at least nobody who matters. The illegals who cross
that border are the migrant labor that the economies of Texas and
California (not to mention some smaller states) depend on.

The real problem with my solution is that it just doesn't cost enough.

No, the real problem is that nobody wants that border sealed so tight.

DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) would never buy it
because they want to give away billion dollar grants to study the
problem.

Right - because that's all we're ever going to do. Study the
'problem.'

At my home field, a couple of guys just built hangers so they could
start on their F-1 Rockets (gotta relate this to homebuilding
somehow). Where do you think the labor came from?

Others want the borders to be open and that's why there are
2 illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border each minute of each
day.

Yes, that's exactly why. Nothing to do with your solution being too
cheap - nobody who matters really wants that border closed. So
basically, you were just wasting everyone's time, including your own.
Well, it's your time to waste - but then you have the nerve to put
down the people who went to a party instead.

I was trying to do something positive for my country

You mean having sealed borders? Frankly, when my parents left our
former country to come here and settle, that's one of the things they
wanted to avoid. I was too young at the time to understand, but in
retrospect I agree completely.

I have no idea how much I did or how much they listened.

Hopefully very little.

Michael
Old June 4th 04, 09:06 PM
pacplyer

(Frank Hitlaw) wrote in message . com...
"nauga" wrote in message link.net...
Bill Phillips wrote:

BTW - what did YOU do that weekend?

...Would you believe that I was with Jim
Campbell at Mohave just as Burt Rutan's boys were
about to make a 55 second burn and attained
212,000 feet msl at apogee in their space
ship?

Cool story but irrelevant to the question at hand
since there was more than a week between the two events.

Spaceship One Flight #3, the high altitude flight: 13 May 04
The weekend Michael asked about: 21-23 May 04

Related: The first space attempt is scheduled for 21 June
and is open to the public. Don't need a press pass or
an invite to be JAFO.

Dave 'calendar boy' Hyde

Dave;

Now that I know zzzzzoom was in attendance at Mohave I wish that I
had continued my trip that day. I was at Edwards trying to visit the
museum that very day. I had planned to go on to Mohave, but after
being turned away from Edwards due to security (they weren't letting
anyone in without a base sticker).

This doesn't sound exactly right. You don't have to have a base
sticker to get in to Air Base museums. Temporary passes are issued if
you set them up ahead of time.

I turned around and headed back to
Victorville. When I checked the net that night I found out about the
Spaceship One flight. I was really bummed that I didn't head on over.
Now that I know that zzzzoom was there I am sure that my presence
would have ruined his day.

Why is that? Were you planning to intimidate him or something?

pacplyer
Old June 5th 04, 07:46 AM
Frank Hitlaw

Bill Phillips wrote:

BTW - what did YOU do that weekend?

...Would you believe that I was with Jim
Campbell at Mohave just as Burt Rutan's boys were
about to make a 55 second burn and attained
212,000 feet msl at apogee in their space

Dave;

Now that I know zzzzzoom was in attendance at Mohave I wish that I
had continued my trip that day. I was at Edwards trying to visit the
museum that very day. I had planned to go on to Mohave, but after
being turned away from Edwards due to security (they weren't letting
anyone in without a base sticker).

This doesn't sound exactly right. You don't have to have a base
sticker to get in to Air Base museums. Temporary passes are issued if
you set them up ahead of time.

It is exactly correct,I didn't have anything going on so I headed
for Edwards. I didn't set anything up in advance. I didn't even know
if the Edwards Museum was in the security area. The museum that I once
had a hand in at Grissom AFB was on the base property. But,it was
outside the Security area and no passes were needed.

I turned around and headed back to
Victorville. When I checked the net that night I found out about the
Spaceship One flight. I was really bummed that I didn't head on over.
Now that I know that zzzzoom was there I am sure that my presence
would have ruined his day.

Why is that? Were you planning to intimidate him or something?

Like I said just my presence would have ruined his day. Considering
what he has pulled on me in the past.I owe to myself to do everything
legally that would upset him.You need to be on the recieving end of
some of his B.S. to really understand.

pacplyer

Frank
Old June 13th 04, 01:42 PM
Dave Hyde

Frank Hitlaw wrote:

Now that you are about to become a resident of the Peoples Republic
of California have you found housing for your plane. I know a guy at
Chino (CNO) that has a hangar open.

I'm pretty sure I've got a spot at Corona but haven't got
the key in my hand yet. Man, I wish Meadowlark was still there.

EDW, Mojave, Victorville?? Are you still based overseas?

Dave 'CONUS' Hyde