Narrowing it down... Comanche?

Old March 20th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

Jay Honeck wrote:

The Midwest is beautiful, but I find flying over mountain and canyon country
to be fantastic. Stark, and kinda scary -- but gorgeous and alluring.

So when are you going to join us for the annual work party at Schafer
Meadows? More party than work and I guarantee you've never been any
place as beautiful as this. It's always the third week of July so this
year it will be the 14-16th. We usually fly in on Thursday so we have
the place to ourselves for a day. I've sent you a couple of pictures to
your hotels email.
Old March 21st 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

OK, Newps...this is at 4855' MSL, and in the middle of July! 3200' x
60' "turf" runway with "gopher holes in runway" according to the
Montana Airport Directory, and "for experienced pilots only." Not to
mention the "frequent horses, deer, moose and bear frequently on
runway." You may consider this sport; but a flatlander? Hell, even I'm
intimidated by this, and I fly this altitude routinely, like you. Oh
yeah, the one way runway, also. One look at the Montana Aeronautics
Division map or the sectional, and you better warn him to bring extra
underware. BTW, when I flew this on MSFlite Sim 2002, I barely
made it out the first time in a C182.
That said, can my wife and I do it in my 172/180????