Another GA crash in CA

Old March 14th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another GA crash in CA

And here is the last flight track of its final flight:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N16JR

Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking
If they were attempting a return to the airport, why not turn right instead
of left ? Looks like they could have made the beach or surf near it. Maybe
its all rocks there, not familiar with the area.
/Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking

Old March 14th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Henry wrote:
And here is the last flight track of its final flight:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N16JR

Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking
If they were attempting a return to the airport, why not turn right instead
of left ? Looks like they could have made the beach or surf near it. Maybe
its all rocks there, not familiar with the area.
/Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking

I wondered what killed them. The picture I saw on the TV showed what looked
like a Bonanza sitting in the surf with the water up to the bottom of the
windows. It looked pretty intact to me.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old March 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
Henry wrote:
And here is the last flight track of its final flight:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N16JR

Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking
If they were attempting a return to the airport, why not turn right
instead
of left ? Looks like they could have made the beach or surf near it.
Maybe
its all rocks there, not familiar with the area.
/Tuesday Morning Quarterbacking

I wondered what killed them. The picture I saw on the TV showed what
looked like a Bonanza sitting in the surf with the water up to the bottom
of the windows. It looked pretty intact to me.

I agree, it looked like the plane was in decent shape other than water
logged, maybe they were knocked out and drowned, either way it totally
SUX's.

DW

Old March 14th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

" wrote in news:1142347260.394039.183530
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

OOPS!!!!

Brian

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Don't worry about it. After all they those californians let off OJ
too...........................................

Ben

Oh, I wasn't worried. I just thought it was funny.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old March 14th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

"Skywise" wrote in message
"John Doe" wrote in

Snipola
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material
may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

OOPS!!!!

Bummer....throw me in cyber-jail.

Old March 14th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

I've flown out of there a lot, and if you're routed over LAX VFR, it's
usually via the Special Flight Rules corridor. Out of KSMO runway 21,
you'll do a right climbing 270 to set up for SFR heading southeast.

Looking at his radar track, I can only speculate that he was either
doing the above with a really wide 270 when the engine failed, or that
he was actually doing the standard shoreline departure north and this
wasn't the actual Angel Flight yet.

Ben Hallert
PP-ASEL - http://hallert.net/cozy/

Old March 15th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Ben Hallert wrote:

Looking at his radar track, I can only speculate that he was either
doing the above with a really wide 270 when the engine failed, or that
he was actually doing the standard shoreline departure north and this
wasn't the actual Angel Flight yet.

One of the articles I read stated that he was en route to pick up the AF
passengers out of a San Diego-based airport.

--
Peter
Old March 15th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter R." wrote in message ...
Ben Hallert wrote:

Looking at his radar track, I can only speculate that he was either
doing the above with a really wide 270 when the engine failed, or that
he was actually doing the standard shoreline departure north and this
wasn't the actual Angel Flight yet.

One of the articles I read stated that he was en route to pick up the AF
passengers out of a San Diego-based airport.

--
Peter

Very odd with two others on board...Is this normal with these 'Angel' flights?

Old March 15th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

".Blueskies." wrote:

Very odd with two others on board...Is this normal with these 'Angel' flights?

In my 65 or so AF missions to date, I have taken along both pilot and
non-pilot acquaintances to a) help reduce the workload in busy airspace and
airports, and b) to keep me company on the "dead-head" leg of the trip.

As long as the right seater is understanding of the mission and acts in a
professional manner, especially when the AF patients are on board, I don't
see a problem with this. Angel Flight Northeast does not have any rule
prohibiting this, either.

--
Peter
Old March 16th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

I've just received an email from the Angel Flight West office (I'm
an AFW pilot). The flight was not yet an official AFW flight, it
was "repositioning" to pick up the patient for the AF leg.

It is not at all unusual for us to have Mission Assistants along
on a flight. Frequently the patient will also have their own
accompanying passenger. I've flown flights with both (fortunately,
my favorite M.A. is about 100 pounds!). When the patient travels
with someone they know, they are always more comfortable.

The benefit of a Mission Assist. is that they can communicate and
assist the patient and pax with questions, water, etc. Not only
that, but as with all flights, regardless of reason, another pair
of knowledgeable eyes is always appreciated. Often, if the M.A.
is a rated pilot, it's a chance for them to get some flying time,
too. I'm always the PIC on the AF leg, as per AFW rules, tho.

Besides, it's nice to have company on the non-AF leg.
And let me tell you -- 3.5 hour legs by yourself is NOT fun!

Fortunately, we still have an unblemished record while flying
patients...but that doesn't change the fact we've lost someone
in our family.

Pilot claims no blame in July crash Mortimer Schnerd, RN Piloting 48 March 15th 06 09:00 PM
Doubts raised in jet crash Dave Butler Piloting 8 July 26th 05 01:25 AM
Yet another A36 crash H.P. Piloting 10 April 23rd 05 05:58 PM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM