No more "Left Downwind"?

Old September 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

Default No more "Left Downwind"?

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
ADS is pretty damn friendly, and the busyness keeps away a lot of idiots.

I was based out of HOU for awhile... Considering it is a large Class-B
airport and Southwest and Continental flies out of there quite a few flights
each day, it is *very* GA-friendly... Very seldom did I ever end up with the
taxi-from-hell to the end of 22... Usually a midfield departure from 12R...
If it wasn't too busy, I could just call up the tower directly while right
outside the Class-B inner circle instead of contacting Houston-Approach...

Old September 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
I've just had bad experiences at uncontrolled fields. Might be a
Indiana thing, but they sure seem to attract a lot of idiots.

You're saying that Indiana attracts a lot of idiots? Yeah, you're probably
right... snicker

Old September 11th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("RST Engineering" wrote)
Would you be willing to sell the 1943? That was the year I was born and I
have an original of the Grass Valley newspaper for the date of my birth
and a pocket piece 1943 half-dollar that I've had since my gramma gave it
to me for my tenth birthday -- and a few magazines (Life, Good
Housekeeping, and a few more). I've never been able to find a sectional
from that year.

http://www.filmsite.org/oscars40.html
1943 Casablanca

Montblack
http://www.filmsite.org/aa60.html
1960 - I was rooting for Elmer Gantry but got The Apartment. Why do I feel
like a drink?