Space Available in Albert Lea Soaring Contest

Old May 16th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Space Available in Albert Lea Soaring Contest

Hi,

The Albert Lea, Minnesota Soaring Contest had been oversubscribed, but a
high number of last minute drop-outs has left 1 spot available (so far).
The available position will go to the first person that registers online and
gets the $100 deposit payment to me (check or credit card). You can see
details on the contest he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/contest.htm

This is going to be an incredible contest. It includes the U.S. Open Class
Nationals, 18 m Nationals, and Region 7 Sports Class Contest. We have 64
sailplanes registered and we have room for 65. The list of competitors is
extremely impressive and includes world level competition pilots such as
Doug Jacobs, Gary Ittner, Dick Butler, Ron Tabery, John Cochrane, Chip
Garner, Ray Gimmey, Eric Mozer, Richard Walters, Tim Welles, Ron Clark, and
many more. There will also be the best sailplanes in the world at the
contest including several ASG-29s, an Antares 20E electric self-launching
sailplane, Dick Butler's "super" ASW-22BL along with classic gliders such as
a Ka-6E and Foka 4. This list of competitors and sailplanes is available
he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/contest-competitors.htm

We are also planning many fun dining and recreational activities to help
make it a memorable contest. You can see the calendar he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/contest-calendar.htm

The first practice day is May 27th. The Region 7 Contest runs from May 28th
through June 3rd. The National contest run May 29th through June 7th.

A new map of the contest site is available he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/conte...Operations.pdf

I can't make any promises in regard to the weather, but we have had some
excellent soaring conditions here in Minnesota recently. Last week Fred
Hewitt and Marilyn Meline flew a DG-1000 around a 500 km triangle and
several other badge and state record flights have been done this season.
The weather outlook for soaring here is very good. It has been a pretty dry
spring and the crops are low of course - so landout options are plentiful.

Please consider joining us at the contest - either as a competitor or a much
needed and appreciated volunteer. I hope to see you there. At this time
there is only one position available in the contest, but I would guess that
one or 2 other pilots will drop out at the last minute so I recommend
getting your name on the list ASAP.

Did I mention that these contest are always a lot of fun! They are!

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old May 22nd 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Update - There are now 3 or 4 spots available in the contests. Come fly
with us! This is going to be a fantastic contest!

Paul Remde