If I die...

Old December 6th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default If I die...

"John Mazor" wrote in

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"John Mazor" wrote in

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Shirl wrote in news:Xmnushal8y-
:

Jay Honeck wrote:
The difference between the two events was striking. In the
former, everyone (even the parents) said "As least they died
doing something they loved" -- and meant it. Our friends left no
dependents, so their fate was truly their own. Although death
came to them too soon, it seemed almost a noble way to go,
compared to so many alternatives.

Before I was flying, we knew a couple who were both pilots. The
woman was killed in a crash, and the husband said he was comforted
that she died doing something she loved. They had no kids. At the
time -- being a young wife and mother -- I could not relate to
that statement at all. It sounded too matter-of-fact. Now, being
older and a pilot myself, I understand it.

I don't. I'd much rather die at the hands of a jealous husband..

Ditto, but on my 100th birthday, of course.

And more than one husband , if possible.

"It was done by twelve of them, with the knife, in the Calais Coach."
("Murder on the Orient Express")

Bragging again?

Bertie

Old December 6th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Tina wrote:

Tina;

What would I have to do to get you to stop calling me "Mr. Dudley?" :-))
I'm just plain Dudley really.

I will say however that as a child in a Parochial boarding all boys
Military School; with the name Dudley Arthur Henriques the third, by the
time I reached the seventh grade I had to be either the toughest or the
fastest kid in school. Fortunately for me, I was a bit of both :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old December 6th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Tina wrote:

Tina;

What would I have to do to get you to stop calling me "Mr. Dudley?" :-))
I'm just plain Dudley really.

is there a Peanut Dudley as well?

Bertie
Old December 6th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Tina wrote:

Tina;

What would I have to do to get you to stop calling me "Mr. Dudley?" :-))
I'm just plain Dudley really.

is there a Peanut Dudley as well?

Bertie

Actually yes. My wife says to tell you that the top of my head would be
the perfect place to put a little M&M stamp. :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old December 6th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Tina wrote:

Tina;

What would I have to do to get you to stop calling me "Mr. Dudley?"
:-)) I'm just plain Dudley really.

is there a Peanut Dudley as well?

Bertie

Actually yes. My wife says to tell you that the top of my head would
be the perfect place to put a little M&M stamp. :-)

Oooohkaaay.

Obviously she's a future saint.

Bertie
Old December 6th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Tina wrote:

Come on Dudley, you've been there. That's blood, not 100 octane low
lead, in your veins. Even professionals smile.

Actually, for me this would have been 130 octane (if I could find it)
and when my wife got the bill for 180 gallons of that, I can tell you,
she wasn't smiling :-)
--
Dudley Henriques
Old December 6th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Tina wrote:

Tina;

What would I have to do to get you to stop calling me "Mr. Dudley?"
:-)) I'm just plain Dudley really.
is there a Peanut Dudley as well?

Bertie

Actually yes. My wife says to tell you that the top of my head would
be the perfect place to put a little M&M stamp. :-)

Oooohkaaay.

Obviously she's a future saint.

Bertie

You don't know the HALF of that statement :-) Putting up with the likes
of me for 40 years and running, this woman deserves a permanent place in
heaven.

--
Dudley Henriques