Aztec Eagles of WWII

Old August 5th 03, 08:53 PM
TooPlaneCrazy7

Default Aztec Eagles of WWII

Hi all,
I know this is probably inappropriate for this group, but I saw a script for
sale on one of the google groups and it had a story of Mexican Pilots of WWII.
Anyone heard anything about these guys? Are they for real? Here's what I
copied:

LATINO SCREENPLAY FOR SALE ABOUT WWII AVIATORS

TITLE: “Aztec Eagles” (“Aguilas Aztecas”)

This superb World War II screenplay or miniseries is the true history of
legendary Squadron 201 when Mexico and the USA were Allies, joined at the hip
and in the skies against Japan.

It is a “Latino ‘ Band of Brothers’ with wings. A multicultural slam-dunk
for Hollywood.

Loglines include “Mexican M.A.S.H. fights for the USA” or “A Latino
‘Top Gun.’” And “Hispanic ‘Band of Brothers’”

Also for sale is our Latino documentary film story titled “Mexico’s Heroic
Squadron 201: The ‘Aztec Eagles’ of World War II.”

After Mexico declared war on Germany in the Segunda Guerra Mundial, Mexico sent
the Fuerza Aerea Expedicionaria Mexicana or Escuadrón 201 to Texas to train.

As a biopic, it was inspired by the life of Reynaldo Perez Gallardo, who serves
as consultant on the script.

The Mexican Expeditionary Air Force flew Thunderbolt P-47 fighter-bomber planes
provided to Mexico by the United States and saw combat in the South Pacific war
under General Douglas MacArthur.

A Latin American hero story, this stellar Hispanic aviation concept is ripe to
market worldwide, paralleling the international media celebration for the 2003
U.S. “Centennial of Flight.” (Pilot John Travolta is a spokesperson,
helping commemorating 100 years of powered flight.)

SYNOPSIS:

“An intrepid, madcap fighter pilot from Mexico joins elite squadron to train
in Texas under pretty but hard-nose W.A.S.P. women aviators, ultimately proving
Latino heroics in World War II.”

From Comadre Productions

EMAIL:

EMAIL: Armando Medrano

Old August 5th 03, 10:28 PM
Tex Houston

"TooPlaneCrazy7" wrote in message
Hi all,
I know this is probably inappropriate for this group, but I saw a script

for
sale on one of the google groups and it had a story of Mexican Pilots of

WWII.
Anyone heard anything about these guys? Are they for real? Here's what I
copied:

I don't know how a script will treat the subject but the story itself is
real. A Google search on "Aztec Eagles" would have returned 661 hits.

Tex Houston

Old August 6th 03, 04:29 AM
TooPlaneCrazy7

Tex,
Thanks for your suggestion on Google search. I'll try that.
Old August 6th 03, 06:28 PM
robert arndt

"Gooneybird" wrote in message ...
I did, and found a fair amount of information. Personally, I had never heard of
them, but maybe that was because I served in the MTO. But then, the guys in 5AF
out in the PTO probably never heard of the Brazilians flying Tbolts in Italy, so
it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

George Z.

TooPlaneCrazy7 wrote:
Tex,
Thanks for your suggestion on Google search. I'll try that.

Speaking of the Brazilian AF in Italy during WW2:

http://www.rudnei.cunha.nom.br/FAB/eng/1gavca.html

Rob
Old August 6th 03, 08:57 PM
Gooneybird

om...

TooPlaneCrazy7 wrote:
Tex,
Thanks for your suggestion on Google search. I'll try that.

Speaking of the Brazilian AF in Italy during WW2:

http://www.rudnei.cunha.nom.br/FAB/eng/1gavca.html

Rob

Thank you for the link. I was in a Troop Carrier Group that moved into
Tarquinia after the Brazilians left (I think they had moved to a nearby base
called Orvietto, or something like that). The Brazilians used to treat us to a
low level fly-by enroute to their morning missions, just to make sure that none
of us were still asleep. I guess the theory was that, in the spirit of
inter-continental brotherhood, if they had to be up, we all had to be up.
(^-^))).

George Z.