PASCO egg in Minden

Old September 29th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default PASCO egg in Minden

Mike Mitton "captured" the PASCO egg from Truckee September 28 with a
nice flight out of Minden. He towed with SoaringNV to the west to see
if the clouds on that side of the valley would work, and after
scratching around for about an hour finally made it south far enough
to have the 100 km distance he needed from his destination.
(Capturing the egg requires a start at least 100 kms from the location
of the egg, and the 1% rule applies for the tow.)

The egg now sits in the SoaringNV office at Minden. Congratulations,
Mike! Good flight!

Fred LaSor
SoaringNV
Old October 1st 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyASK

The egg now sits in the SoaringNV office at Minden. *Congratulations,
Mike! *Good flight!

Fred LaSor
SoaringNV

Fred:

I can't resist.
Having now flown from Region 12 to Carson City, non-stop on September
6, I just have to ask.

If I soar from Cal City, land at Bishop, take a tow and land at
SoaringNV,
and my PASCO membership is current ( Yes, it is!), exactly which
Egg-head will want to refuse my possessory interest?

I need to know if I need to arrive bearing beer or arms, to make a
safe get-away.
It's been such nice soaring weather this week, we've been posting more
miles
than usual to OLC. Cloud base today was about 14k, and lift was
around
till sundown. It would be fun to grab before the PASCO dinner.
Alby is just a distraction..... ;-)

Cindy B
www.caracolesoaring.com

Old October 3rd 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Cindy:

The rules are clear that the egg is to remain in Region 11. That's
the decision of the PASCO BOD, as specified in Rule #2. Rule 2 also
says that the egg is to reside at an airport where tows are readily
available. I think Bishop would not qualify on this score. Fred

Old October 3rd 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Cindy,

Sounds like your answer is "arrive bearing arms"

Now, back on the Right Coast of the USofA, the Boomerang Trophy and
the Kitty Hawk Trophy were "stolen" on Thursday by two pilots flying
the 109 statute miles from Piedmont Soaring Society's home at Bahnson
Field, NC to the home of NCSA at the Harnett County Airport.

Dirty rotten scoundrels!

By the way, the sky on Thursday looked better than I've seen in a LONG
TIME!

Ray
Old October 4th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

I've never had a problem getting a tow at Bishop.

HU