"Pearl Harbor" still sucks...

Old April 26th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default "Pearl Harbor" still sucks...

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

Battle of Britain
Tora, Tora, Tora
The Great Waldo Pepper
Spirit of St. Louis
Dam Busters
Island in the Sky
Flight of the Phoenix [Jimmy Stewart version]
no special order

Anybody care to add to the list of good to great airplane
Hollywood movies?

Airmail
West Point of the Air
Devil Dogs of the Air
Ceiling Zero
China Clipper
Test Pilot
I Wanted Wings
Dive Bomber
Captains of the Clouds
A Guy Named Joe
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
The Memphis Belle
Command Decision
Twelve O'clock High
Men of the Fighting Lady
The High and the Mighty
Strategic Air Command
The Bridges at Toko Ri
Toward the Unknown
The Wings of Eagles
Bombers B-52
The Crowded Sky
A Gathering of Eagles
Fate is the Hunter
633 Squadron
The Flight of the Phoenix
Catch-22
Murphy's War
The Pilot
The Aviator (Christopher Reeve)
Memphis Belle

It's been a long time since I saw it but "The Great Waldo Pepper" was
pretty good when I saw it at age 14 I think.

Agreed, that film was already mentioned.

Old April 26th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
LOL, I'd expect that one from Montblack. g

The Monk

I'm glad that someone realized that was sarcasm!

Actually, my favorite would be Memphis Belle

C. Massey wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
It isn't an aviation film, it is really pretty terrible, but
the first minute or so of Can Hieronymus Merkin Forget Mercy
Humpy and Find True Happiness has an SR 71 in-flight scene
that is worth seeing.

Battle of Britain
Tora, Tora, Tora
The Great Waldo Pepper
Spirit of St. Louis
Dam Busters
Island in the Sky
Flight of the Phoenix [Jimmy Stewart version]
no special order

Anybody care to add to the list of good to great airplane
Hollywood movies?

snip

Yeah... don't forget the greatest aviation classic of all time...

"Airplane"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0617-2, 04/26/2006
Tested on: 4/26/2006 7:13:29 AM

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0617-2, 04/26/2006
Tested on: 4/26/2006 12:31:24 PM

Old April 26th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yes to the Belle

. com...

Old April 26th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

War Lover Steve McQueen

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
message
link.net...

Old April 26th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Some good O-2 footage(and rotary-wing footage as well) in BAT*21.
Took my first airplane ride in an old O-2 so that may be why I like it
so much.

Who can forget The Right Stuff?
Pancho Barnes
The Rocketeer has some cool Gee Bee footage along with other classics.

Brock Boss
SP-N3916R

Jay Honeck wrote:
Despite this fact, we had a great turnout for our second pilot's movie
night. Our invited friends included the owners of:

...a Bellanca Super Viking
...a '29 Travel Air Biplane
...a Super Cub
...a Swearingen SX-300
...an RV-10 kit (in progress...)
...a Glasair II
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 26th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I like the opening at the ball park when the B 36 flew over.
Didn't hurt anything that General James Stewart was an
active bomber pilot in WWII and flew post-war.

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| Very good choice.
|

| "Jim Logajan" wrote in message
| .. .
| | "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
| | Battle of Britain
| | Tora, Tora, Tora
| | The Great Waldo Pepper
| | Spirit of St. Louis
| | Dam Busters
| | Island in the Sky
| | Flight of the Phoenix [Jimmy Stewart version]
| | no special order
| |
| |
| | Anybody care to add to the list of good to great
| airplane
| | Hollywood movies?
| |
| | I'd add:
| |
| | Twelve Oclock High
| |
| Agreed. I'd add "Strategic Air Command" if you can fast
forward through

Old April 26th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

AJ, you clip too much, the old rules about message size
applied when servers had 20 mb drives and a mb of
ram...don't cut all previous, snip a little, nobody know
which "one" you're talking about.

oups.com...

Old April 26th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Valerie was much better looking than the real Poncho.

oups.com...

Old April 26th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article 3EC3g.8828$ZW3.8805@dukeread04, Jim Macklin wrote:

Anybody care to add to the list of good to great airplane
Hollywood movies?

"The Dawn Patrol" -- try to get both the Douglas Fairbanks and the
Basil Rathbone versions.

That "How to Fly a Stearman" Navy training film with Robert Taylor is fun to
watch, too.

Old April 27th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Flyingmonk" wrote)
LOL, I'd expect that one from Montblack. g

It isn't an aviation film, it is really pretty terrible, but the first
minute or so of Can Hieronymus Merkin Forget Mercy Humpy and Find True
Happiness has an SR 71 in-flight scene that is worth seeing.

He beat me to it. g

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=63238
Joan Collins as Polyester Poontang :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064123/
Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?
(1969)

Montblack

It sucks, but which way? Hilton Piloting 4 September 12th 05 05:11 PM
X Plane SUCKS SO BAD! Pooty Lizard Simulators 4 June 30th 05 08:25 PM
America's Army Sucks, Fact cain_uk Military Aviation 127 June 28th 04 05:42 AM
MSNBC Sucks ! me Piloting 24 June 11th 04 10:25 PM
B00$hhh SUCKS LIES! Grantland Military Aviation 0 April 14th 04 01:50 AM