"Jericho"

Old October 26th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Orval Fairbairn

Default "Jericho"

Has anybody been watching the new TV shoe, "Jericho" on CBS Wed. nights?

It is about a small town in northern Kansas, after nuclear devices have
been set off in Denver and several other US cities. The town is
"isolated," but the apparently have a small airport, which was the scene
of some happenings in tonight's episode.

The scriptwriters and producers are so stupid that they don't realize
that people would use the planes to contact others and help to establish
communications with the outside world.

They even had a B757 lad on a freeway, rather than use one of the many
5,000+ ft runways available in that area and ahd a commuter plane crash
near it. How stupid can TV writers be?
Old October 26th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Blanche

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
Has anybody been watching the new TV shoe, "Jericho" on CBS Wed. nights?

How stupid can TV writers be?

This is the funniest statement I've heard all week!

Remember, TV *writers* brought you American Idol, Survivor, Dancing
with the Stars, Jerry Springer, Skating with (whatever) [which I
consider to be the stupidest of all], all the "Judge what'-his/her-name",
and so on and so on and....

Old October 26th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Jim Macklin

Very stupid. For example on CSI LV, they had an episode
where a woman was raped and beaten but survived. She wanted
a gun. She went to a pawn shop in Las Vegas but since the
writer is from California, the writer didn't let her get a
gun. The character died after being kidnapped outside the
pawn shop.

For Hollywood and NYC writers, in 90% of the USA, there are
no waiting periods on a gun purchase and when threats are
involved the waiting periods can be waived. Las Vegas and
all of Nevada, just the instant telephone records check,
maybe 15 minutes. Same in Kansas, same in Oklahoma, same in
Colorado, same in Idaho.

The law can be checked, in case there are more stupid and
ignorant writers at the NRA.org site or if that is too
political for you, even Findlaw.com

For a few thousand dollars I'd be happy to be a tech advisor
on aircraft, firearms, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. For all
the vampyr slayers out there, the best Mr. Pointy wood of
choice is Ash.

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in
message
news | Has anybody been watching the new TV shoe, "Jericho" on

Old October 26th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 04:13:47 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote in
:

How stupid can TV writers be?

Not to worry. Half of their audience has a two digit IQ. :-)

Old October 26th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tex-ass Tom

How stupid can TV writers be?

Not to worry. Half of their audience has a two digit IQ. :-)

Naw, who ya'awl talkin' 'bout naw? not that george double-ya geezer in the
big fancy house in washin' tin!?

hehehe

Old October 26th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Blanche" wrote in message

This is the funniest statement I've heard all week!

Remember, TV *writers* brought you American Idol, Survivor, Dancing
with the Stars, Jerry Springer, Skating with (whatever) [which I
consider to be the stupidest of all], all the "Judge what'-his/her-name",
and so on and so on and....

What did TV *writers* have to do with any of those shows?

Old October 26th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Matt Barrow

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
For Hollywood and NYC writers, in 90% of the USA, there are
no waiting periods on a gun purchase and when threats are
involved the waiting periods can be waived. Las Vegas and
all of Nevada, just the instant telephone records check,
maybe 15 minutes. Same in Kansas, same in Oklahoma, same in
Colorado, same in Idaho.

In Colorado, if you hold a CCW permit, there's no background check, just
hand them your permit and, for all your firearms needs, your Master-Card!
(Okay...sorry for that lame one)

--
Matt
---------------------

Old October 26th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Matt Barrow wrote:
In Colorado, if you hold a CCW permit, there's no background check, just
hand them your permit and, for all your firearms needs, your Master-Card!
(Okay...sorry for that lame one)

Why would you need a background check? Holding the CCW suggests you've already
had an extensive one, including running your fingerprints through the FBI:

http://www.packing.org/state/colorado/

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 26th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:40:05 +0100, "Tex-ass Tom"
wrote in
:

Naw, who ya'awl talkin' 'bout naw? not that george double-ya geezer in the
big fancy house in washin' tin!?

A nation can survive its fools, and even the
ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from
within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable,
for he is known and carries his banner openly.
But the traitor moves amongst those within
the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through
all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government
itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he
speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and
he wears their face and their arguments, he
appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the
hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation,
he works secretly and unknown in the night
to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects
the body politic so that it can no longer resist.
A murderer is less to fear. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old October 26th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Jim Macklin

Has Denver municipal law been forced to comply with State
law yet?

some support

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote