"Jericho"

Old October 26th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default "Jericho"

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:00:39 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
:

What did TV *writers* have to do with any of those shows?

A little "creative" input perhaps?

Old October 26th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

A little "creative" input perhaps?

I know nothing about TV production. What input would writers have on
unscripted TV shows?

Old October 26th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:16:00 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
k.net:

What input would writers have on unscripted TV shows?

What makes you believe those shows are unscripted? You're smarter
than that.

There is no expedient to which a man will not resort
to avoid the real labor of thinking.
-- Sir Joshua Reynolds
Old October 26th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

What makes you believe those shows are unscripted?

I believe they're unscripted because there's nothing about them that
suggests there's a script.

Old October 26th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
Gig 601XL Builder

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
Has anybody been watching the new TV shoe, "Jericho" on CBS Wed. nights?

It is about a small town in northern Kansas, after nuclear devices have
been set off in Denver and several other US cities. The town is
"isolated," but the apparently have a small airport, which was the scene
of some happenings in tonight's episode.

The scriptwriters and producers are so stupid that they don't realize
that people would use the planes to contact others and help to establish
communications with the outside world.

They even had a B757 lad on a freeway, rather than use one of the many
5,000+ ft runways available in that area and ahd a commuter plane crash
near it. How stupid can TV writers be?

Well an EMP hit last night which I'm sure fried the electronics. EMP from
the original blasts could have also had a pretty hard effect on electronics
in the airlines that crashed.

What bothers me the most about the show is not the unreality of the aviation
but the fact that the general population would probably be a stupid as they
are portrayed on the show.

Old October 26th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:16:00 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
k.net:

What input would writers have on unscripted TV shows?

What makes you believe those shows are unscripted? You're smarter
than that.

As far as the game shows are concerned while the editors and producers may
have a lot to do with what you see on TV the game had better be fair or
government will be on them like bugs on a Piper Cub.

P.S. Like how I put an aviation reference in there?

Old October 26th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Who said they were unscripted?

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote
in message
hlink.net...

Old October 26th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
gatt

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
Has anybody been watching the new TV shoe, "Jericho" on CBS Wed. nights?

*blush* I started watching it because it's on before The Evangeline Lilly
Show--I mean, "Lost."

The scriptwriters and producers are so stupid that they don't realize
that people would use the planes to contact others and help to establish
communications with the outside world.

IE, there's an airstrip there with at least half a dozen planes, and
apparently nobody thought of taking one up to try flying to the next town.
(I suppose the EMP would have disabled them, but that was sometime after the
whole thing started.)

They even had a B757 lad on a freeway,

Unless the tanks were bone dry, there's fuel on that-thar airplane that
could be scavenged for light, heat, etc.

How stupid can TV writers be?

I really liked the original "The Day After" promise of the show but I'm
having difficulty getting past the writing myself. I lose patience fast
when all the characters are stupid, even if the premise is interesting.

-c

Old October 26th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
gatt

"Blanche" wrote in message
Orval Fairbairn wrote:
Has anybody been watching the new TV shoe, "Jericho" on CBS Wed. nights?

How stupid can TV writers be?

This is the funniest statement I've heard all week!

Remember, TV *writers* brought you American Idol, Survivor, Dancing
with the Stars, Jerry Springer, Skating with (whatever) [which I
consider to be the stupidest of all], all the "Judge what'-his/her-name",
and so on and so on and....

The new Battlestar Galactica, meanwhile, is probably the coolest sci-fi
series ever.

Old October 26th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.tv
gatt

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

What bothers me the most about the show is not the unreality of the
aviation but the fact that the general population would probably be a
stupid as they are portrayed on the show.

Exactly!

But, look on the positive side: At least the hero or the teenager didn't
hop in one of the airplanes and fly it without any sort of prior experience.

Good premise initially, and the acting isn't even too bad, but unfortunately
it's not a well-written show.

-c