My experience with Peltor

Old October 18th 03, 12:20 AM

Default My experience with Peltor

I have a Peltor Stratosphere ANR headset. I like it a lot. It's
powered from a 9v batter that is in one of the ear cups.

Well lately I noticed the headset was intermittently cutting on and
off as I twisted my head. I easily isolated the problem to the cord.
The good thing is, the cord has a disconnect from the earcup and can
be easily replaced.

So I called Peltor. The receptionist answering the 800# at Peltor
became quite insistent with me, to the point of being ARGUMENTATIVE,
stating I must send in the entire headset. Over and over I told her
there is nothing wrong with the headset, I just need a new cord to
plug it in with. (Please just sell me one damnit!)
My 3 year warranty expired some time ago, I just wanted to BUY a
replacement cord. She finally referred me to one of their vendors
(Marv Golden) to purchase a replacement cord. Well gee, I should
have started there in the first place. After all, that's where I
bought the headset.

After basically being YELLED AT by this bimbo at Peltor however, I
don't know if I'll every buy another one. As for as I'm concerned
customers need to be treated like the gold they are.

Eric

Old October 18th 03, 12:38 AM
mikem

Maybe you could convince Lightspeed to stock cords for Peltor
headsets???

Old October 18th 03, 02:17 PM
Jay Honeck

So I called Peltor. The receptionist answering the 800# at Peltor
became quite insistent with me, to the point of being ARGUMENTATIVE,

I've always found Peltor to be a quirky bunch. Even their sales reps at OSH
are, well, somehow different.

It's like they know they have a kind of off-beat product line, that's very
expensive, and they know that most people will perceive their products to be
cheap (they're not) and too delicate (don't know about that one -- but they
sure seem lightly constructed) for daily use -- so they have this attitude
of "are you good enough to buy our product?"

I usually catch a whiff of that at the Sennheiser (or however you spell
that) booth, too.

Constant abuse does that to people, I suppose...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 20th 03, 11:31 AM
Maule Driver

Yep. Same here.

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
I sent in a set of out of warranty headsets to Peltor and asked them for
a repair on T&M. Would have gladly paid. The set went intermittent
because of a break in the wires near one of the plugs. They get pretty
abused because one set of jacks is REALLY tight and uninformed
passengers try to pull them out by grabbing the wire instead of the plug.

They sent no estimate, and no invoice. They just sent the set back
repaired with a new (updated) set of wires ...gratis.

Both sets held up well for 9 years and still going.

Good Luck,
Mike

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

http://www.uncensored-news.com