Glider Maintenance - Fuselage Rotisserie

Old January 9th 17, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Maintenance - Fuselage Rotisserie

On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 9:30:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 7:48:47 AM UTC-6, Papa3 wrote:
After years of wandering around northern NJ temporarily occupying the workshops and garages of club members who were kind (or stupid) enough to loan out space, Aero Club Albatross (ACA) finally has a shop of our own at Blairstown airport. As the Refinisher in Chief, I'm building out the infrastructure bit by bit to make sure we are well equipped for future projects.. I'm looking for good examples of fuselage fixtures, especially ones that allow for the whole fuselage to be rotated at least 90 degrees either way from vertical.

So, does anyone have examples of a fuselage rotisserie with some photos you can share? We already have a cradle/sling as well as solid stands. We also have used a hoist from the ceiling in the past. Each of these presents some challenges when painting, so we're looking to start fresh. Any pics, sketches, or ideas would be appreciated. We have world class fabricators and machinists in our club, so we can go top tier - no 2x4s and bungee cords. You can email me at erik dot h dot mann @ gmail dot com

Erik Mann (P3)

I have both wood and steel rings in my shop. I had the steel tube rings rolled and my son and I cut and welded them together and added four tangs to mount whatever was needed. I have a Ka-6 and an Lo-150 in those right now. But before that, I needed a way to handle a Ka-2b two-place fuselage. So I built a ring from a single sheet of 4'x4'x3/4" plywood. I can send you a diagram if you are interested. My wood ring is currently holding up the front of an ASK-14 fuselage project. nealpfeiffer at sbcglobal dot net

The plywood ring is the one I remembered. Very clever and inexpensive.
UH
Old January 14th 17, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Hey Eric. Here you go!

http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=13099

Steve Leonard
Old January 14th 17, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Something else very interesting http://www.segelflug.de/files/ash25/index.html

Someone stole an EB-28 fuselage and engine, but left the tail feathers

Old January 14th 17, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 12:53:01 PM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=13099

Wow! Only 400 Euro! Of course there's the shipping...