zzz Speak for yourself Zoom

Old April 22nd 04, 12:37 AM
Rich Ahrens

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

Maybe he'll get a contempt of Court charge and spend some time with Bubba in the
slammer. Now that would be justice !!

Hey! What did Bubba ever do to deserve that kind of abuse?
Old April 22nd 04, 02:30 AM
Jerry Springer

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

In article , B2431 says...

Did zoom show up this year?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

He sure did and he got in because of a snafu at the media booth .He did have to
buy a ticket tho'. Last I heard, the Federal Judge who issued zoom the "keep
out of SnF" order is not happy and I await further developments on that front.I
also heard the Sheriffs dept is also not happy with zoomy but I didn't hear why.
Had I seen him I would have notified the "authorities" :-) or tackled him!!

Also had a nice conversation with former zoom editor Tim Kerns .He seems to be a
nice guy and is now an official member of the I've been zoomed club . Don't
know of anyone who ever left zooms employ who didn't get zoomed. Among other
things I heard was that Tim was extending zoom the courtesy of a 2 week notice
before he quit. He was then given 10 minutes to get his stuff and get out.
The usual accusations followed ,Tim stole the mailing lists etc,.. Tim didn't
get paid his commissions either .Those of you who used to work for him know
the drill. He's nuts as ever IMOH of course.
Maybe he'll get a contempt of Court charge and spend some time with Bubba in the
slammer. Now that would be justice !!

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Hay Chuck I see a couple CGS Hawks won awards.

http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/int...dy=2004_awards

Old April 22nd 04, 03:01 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 21 Apr 2004 13:26:00 -0700, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

Also had a nice conversation with former zoom editor Tim Kerns .He seems to be a
nice guy and is now an official member of the I've been zoomed club . Don't
know of anyone who ever left zooms employ who didn't get zoomed. Among other
things I heard was that Tim was extending zoom the courtesy of a 2 week notice
before he quit. He was then given 10 minutes to get his stuff and get out.
The usual accusations followed ,Tim stole the mailing lists etc,.. Tim didn't
get paid his commissions either.

I hope you gave him a CGS T-Shirt to wear at Oshkosh this year, Chuck. :-)

Speculation has been rife about a rift between Kern and Zoom, ever since
Kern's name disappeared from the ANN masthead and many of his archived
articles had his byline removed.

This confirmation has some interesting ramifications. First, of course,
few of the folks who work with ANN were involved in US AVIATOR and thus
haven't experienced this sort of event before. They've no doubt been
*told* that it has happened to folks in the past. But like most reasonable
people, they find these stories hard to reconcile with their own
experiences with the Zoomer.

Now, of course...they're in a different situation. They liked Zoom, they
(probably) liked Kern, but these two are now accusing each other. Which
should they believe? And, will they remember that the Campbell behavior
Kern describes is similar to the description in those stories the listeners
originally found unbelievable?

The second point involves Zoom's current lawsuit against SnF. In his
filings, he has identified three people who would back up his story. The
very first person mentioned is Tim Kern.

I'm sure Mr. Kern's testimony as to what he observed at SnF won't change.
However, since SnF's banning of Campbell is at the root of the suit, it's
not far-fetched that Snf's attorney might ask Kern whether Campbell has
ever behaved irrationally or in a threatening manner. Campbell, about ten
years ago, accused one of his previous ex-editors of theft (and other
misdeeds) *AT* Sun-n-Fun. I suspect this incident is in SnF's
documentation relative to the banning, and Kern's testimony might show that
Campbell's behavior hasn't changed.

So Campbell is not likely to have Kern do a deposition. But what would
happen if SnF's attorney said, "OK, let's start the depositions with the
first person on your list: Tim Kern."

If Zoom protested, it would look MIGHTY strange to the judge...refusing to
have one of his own witnesses testify under oath.

Ron Wanttaja
Old April 22nd 04, 12:20 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article et, Jerry Springer
says...

Hay Chuck I see a couple CGS Hawks won awards.

Yep we sure did ."Best Trainer" and "Outstanding Single place" Both planes
belong to Steve Bensinger and he did an excellent job on both of them.
A win for Steve becomes a win for us as well :-) Makes ya feel like a proud
Papa.

I must also humbly report that yours truly was honored by Kitplanes magazine as
one of the 20 most influential people in homebuilding in the last 20 years. The
Award is in conjunction with the 20th year anniversary of Kitplanes Magazine. I
feel honored to be recognized and appreciate the the award.

I didn't see many RAH members this show .I had a nice chat with Walt Troyer
and a couple of others .Barnaby Wainfan stopped by a few times and filled me in
on Richard Riellys new duties as a new parent :-) I really wished zoom would
have had the guts to come to the UL area so I could have captured him but
neither he or jaun showed up.I wonder if all who saw him and didn't say anything
to the security people or the police are guilty of somehing?
Like maybe bad judgement???

All in all the numbers of people were down at least in the UL area but the ones
that were there were serious buyers and not tire kickers.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Old April 22nd 04, 12:40 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Ron Wanttaja says...

I hope you gave him a CGS T-Shirt to wear at Oshkosh this year, Chuck. :-)

I wish I would have thought of that but I was thinking of a "I've been zoomed
shirt". Maybe we should have an "I've been zoomed" party at the CGS tent at
Oshkosh this year .We could all wear our T shirts and watch the adventures of
Capt zoom in outer space movie, we could play the zoom drinking game etc...
"

Speculation has been rife about a rift between Kern and Zoom, ever since
Kern's name disappeared from the ANN masthead and many of his archived
articles had his byline removed.

Like the Soviets those in disfavor disappear from sight . There were some
accusations of plagerism and the usual stuff. Tim started asking the wrong
questions and the rest is history.

This confirmation has some interesting ramifications. First, of course,
few of the folks who work with ANN were involved in US AVIATOR and thus
haven't experienced this sort of event before. They've no doubt been
*told* that it has happened to folks in the past. But like most reasonable
people, they find these stories hard to reconcile with their own
experiences with the Zoomer.

As it was with Tim I'm sure

Now, of course...they're in a different situation. They liked Zoom, they
(probably) liked Kern, but these two are now accusing each other. Which
should they believe? And, will they remember that the Campbell behavior
Kern describes is similar to the description in those stories the listeners
originally found unbelievable?

Tim is in a good position as are those others who left zooms employ in that
they have kept their integrety and credibility. They won't have any problem
getting to write for anyone else.The people who know better and have supported
zoom have lost credibility among their peers and varing degrees of respect.
jaun is a typical example his reputation among other writers is mud because he
should know better but still blindly supports zoom. Wonder if jaun will start to
tear apart Tim now that they are no longer on the same team?

The second point involves Zoom's current lawsuit against SnF. In his
filings, he has identified three people who would back up his story. The

very first person mentioned is Tim Kern.

I'm sure Mr. Kern's testimony as to what he observed at SnF won't change.
However, since SnF's banning of Campbell is at the root of the suit, it's
not far-fetched that Snf's attorney might ask Kern whether Campbell has
ever behaved irrationally or in a threatening manner. Campbell, about ten
years ago, accused one of his previous ex-editors of theft (and other
misdeeds) *AT* Sun-n-Fun. I suspect this incident is in SnF's
documentation relative to the banning, and Kern's testimony might show that
Campbell's behavior hasn't changed.

We all know that zooms actions haven't changed one bit ,he's as phony as ever.

So Campbell is not likely to have Kern do a deposition. But what would
happen if SnF's attorney said, "OK, let's start the depositions with the
first person on your list: Tim Kern."

If the lawsuit ever gets that far I will fly down just to sit in the audience to
watch and listen .I will really enjoy watching zoomy squirm when they ask about
his invisible son and his Etheopian food flights and his 2000 types flown and
etc etc, .

If Zoom protested, it would look MIGHTY strange to the judge...refusing to
have one of his own witnesses testify under oath.

I'm sure he'll cry like a baby if Tim gets called and all Tim has to do is tell
the truth about what he saw and heard from zoom during his employ.

Old April 22nd 04, 01:40 PM
RobertR237

I must also humbly report that yours truly was honored by Kitplanes magazine
as
one of the 20 most influential people in homebuilding in the last 20 years.
The
Award is in conjunction with the 20th year anniversary of Kitplanes Magazine.
feel honored to be recognized and appreciate the the award.

That sounds like some very interesting and important aviation news...did anyone
see it reported on the Aero-NUT-Network?

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old April 22nd 04, 05:16 PM
Capt.Doug

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message I'm sure he'll cry like a baby if Tim
gets called and all Tim has to do is tell
the truth about what he saw and heard from zoom during his employ.

That doesn't fit the behavioral pattern. Mr. Kern will be labeled as a
disgruntled former employee and his testimony will be discounted by Zoom's
lawyer.

D.

Old April 22nd 04, 05:31 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , RobertR237 says...

I must also humbly report that yours truly was honored by Kitplanes magazine
as
one of the 20 most influential people in homebuilding in the last 20 years.
The
Award is in conjunction with the 20th year anniversary of Kitplanes Magazine.
feel honored to be recognized and appreciate the the award.

That sounds like some very interesting and important aviation news...did anyone
see it reported on the Aero-NUT-Network?

Yopu can bet the Awards that Steve got with his Hawks won't be reported .It
wasn't last year and besides who ever said zoom was fair and unbiased ...except
him?? LOL!! As far as I'm concerned he didn't report my induction to the EAA
Hall of Fame so you gotta know this won't be mentioned. I'm in the same boat as
Tim Kerns and a few others ...we don't exist except when he needs to beat up on
someone :-)

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Old April 23rd 04, 12:15 AM
nauga

Capt.Doug wrote:

Mr. Kern will be labeled as a disgruntled former
employee and his testimony will be discounted by Zoom's
lawyer.

Seems like he'd have to look pretty hard to find a
gruntled former employee.

Cynic though I am, I am confident that Mooz's testimony
would stand by itself, as it has in the past.

Dave 'self-incriminating' Hyde

Old April 23rd 04, 02:01 AM
RobertR237

That sounds like some very interesting and important aviation news...did

anyone
see it reported on the Aero-NUT-Network?

Yopu can bet the Awards that Steve got with his Hawks won't be reported .It
wasn't last year and besides who ever said zoom was fair and unbiased
...except
him?? LOL!! As far as I'm concerned he didn't report my induction to the EAA
Hall of Fame so you gotta know this won't be mentioned. I'm in the same boat
as
Tim Kerns and a few others ...we don't exist except when he needs to beat up
on
someone :-)

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

That's OK Chuck, You never needed to be reported by anything Zoom has an
association with, they aren't really a news source anyway. It does appear that
the really important sources recognize your contribution and that is all that
matters.

Old Time RAH Zoom Warriors read this! Bill Berle Home Built 3 March 23rd 04 02:50 AM
ANN is biased ZZZJJJ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 30 January 4th 04 01:58 PM