Choosing destinations

Old August 26th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Choosing destinations

When you fly for pleasure, how do you select your destination for a flight?
How long a flight do you prefer, ideally? How close do you remain to your
home base (if any)? And do you prefer to fly alone, or do you like to have
passengers? In the latter case, whom do you usually bring along?

Also, please indicate whether you own your own aircraft or simply rent one, as
this presumably has an influence on the choices above.
Old August 26th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
When you fly for pleasure, how do you select your destination for a
flight?

It depends on what kind of pleasure you're talking about. If I'm with a
member of the opposite sex, I might be looking for a place with a nearby
hotel in case of an 'unintended' break down.

Clearly more information is needed before any complete answer is given.

Old August 26th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JB

On Aug 26, 1:51*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
When you fly for pleasure, how do you select your destination for a flight?
How long a flight do you prefer, ideally? *How close do you remain to your
home base (if any)? *And do you prefer to fly alone, or do you like to have
passengers? *In the latter case, whom do you usually bring along?

Also, please indicate whether you own your own aircraft or simply rent one, as
this presumably has an influence on the choices above.

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO POST THESE INANE SURVEY QUESTIONS???

Old August 26th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ramsey

"JB" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 1:51 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO POST THESE INANE SURVEY QUESTIONS???

HELLO!!!!! HE'S NOTHING BUT A TROLL!!!!!!!!

Regardless of repeated warnings, people fall in to his bull**** all the
time.

Old August 26th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
When you fly for pleasure, how do you select your destination for a

flight?

I go to www.pawsnpilots.com and find an animal in need of transport. My
destination will be based on the location and/or the destination of said
animal..

How long a flight do you prefer, ideally?

Under three hours

How close do you remain to your home base (if any)?

Under 300 nm

And do you prefer to fly alone, or do you like to have passengers?

I rarely fly alone. It's boring.

In the latter case, whom do you usually bring along?

My son, and at least one animal.

Also, please indicate whether you own your own aircraft or simply rent

one, as
this presumably has an influence on the choices above.

I own.

Old August 26th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

OOPS! the link is http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/

Old August 26th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
When you fly for pleasure, how do you select your destination for a flight?
How long a flight do you prefer, ideally? How close do you remain to your
home base (if any)? And do you prefer to fly alone, or do you like to have
passengers? In the latter case, whom do you usually bring along?

The same way I choose a destination to drive to, the wife, and I own.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 26th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mike writes:

It depends on what kind of pleasure you're talking about. If I'm with a
member of the opposite sex, I might be looking for a place with a nearby
hotel in case of an 'unintended' break down.

Clearly more information is needed before any complete answer is given.

I was thinking only of flying, so spending time at a hotel would not be
included.
Old August 26th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Mike writes:

It depends on what kind of pleasure you're talking about. If I'm
with a member of the opposite sex, I might be looking for a place
with a nearby hotel in case of an 'unintended' break down.

Clearly more information is needed before any complete answer is
given.

I was thinking only of flying,

No, you weren't.

Bertie
Old August 26th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Mike writes:

It depends on what kind of pleasure you're talking about. If I'm with a
member of the opposite sex, I might be looking for a place with a nearby
hotel in case of an 'unintended' break down.

Clearly more information is needed before any complete answer is given.

I was thinking only of flying, so spending time at a hotel would not be
included.

Nobody I know, unless it is to meet some requirement, flies off to some
distant, i.e. more than about 30 miles, airport just to turn around and
come back.

When I, and everyone else I know, goes to another airport there is a
reason for going there, even if it is just because it is a nice place
to have lunch with the wife.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.