Homebuilt 1,000 km flgiht

Old April 30th 12, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Homebuilt 1,000 km flgiht

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight: http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

Old April 30th 12, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 30, 6:48*am, Tony wrote:
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

thanks for the link Tony, that is a beautiful looking sailplane!

Brad
Old April 30th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Mackie

On Apr 30, 12:01*pm, Brad wrote:
On Apr 30, 6:48*am, Tony wrote:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

thanks for the link Tony, that is a beautiful looking sailplane!

Brad

Marian designed his "Egret" and built every part from scratch. He
likes to say - "$10,000 and 10,000 hours".... It is as beautiful up
close as it is in the photos and h flies it masterfully.

Derek
Old April 30th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 30, 10:10*am, Derek Mackie wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:01*pm, Brad wrote:

On Apr 30, 6:48*am, Tony wrote:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

thanks for the link Tony, that is a beautiful looking sailplane!

Brad

Marian designed his "Egret" and built every part from scratch. * He
likes to say - "$10,000 and 10,000 hours".... *It is as beautiful up
close as it is in the photos and h flies it masterfully.

Derek

I can believe the 10,000 hours part for sure. Did he build it with
negative molds? What is it made of.......fiberglass or carbon,
or........

The span seems greater than 15m, is it?

Brad
Old April 30th 12, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke[_4_]

On 04/30/2012 2:11 PM, Brad wrote:
On Apr 30, 10:10 am, Derek wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:01 pm, wrote:

On Apr 30, 6:48 am, wrote:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

thanks for the link Tony, that is a beautiful looking sailplane!

Brad

Marian designed his "Egret" and built every part from scratch. He
likes to say - "$10,000 and 10,000 hours".... It is as beautiful up
close as it is in the photos and h flies it masterfully.

Derek

I can believe the 10,000 hours part for sure. Did he build it with
negative molds? What is it made of.......fiberglass or carbon,
or........

The span seems greater than 15m, is it?

Brad

The Egret is 18m fiberglass

Luke
Old April 30th 12, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 30, 10:10 am, Derek *wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:01 pm, *wrote:

On Apr 30, 6:48 am, *wrote:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

thanks for the link Tony, that is a beautiful looking sailplane!

Brad

Marian designed his "Egret" and built every part from scratch. * He
likes to say - "$10,000 and 10,000 hours".... *It is as beautiful up
close as it is in the photos and h flies it masterfully.

Derek

I can believe the 10,000 hours part for sure. Did he build it with
negative molds? What is it made of.......fiberglass or carbon,
or........

The span seems greater than 15m, is it?

Brad

The Egret is 18m fiberglass

Luke

Awesome...............my hat is off to Mr. Nowak, fantastic job!

Brad
Old April 30th 12, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Apr 30, 9:48*am, Tony wrote:
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

Sweet!

Old May 1st 12, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Apr 30, 12:08*pm, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Apr 30, 9:48*am, Tony wrote:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

Sweet!

well, I would very much like to get in touch with Mr Nowak to talk
about sailplane design and building, this is a remarkable achievement,
similar to our HP/Tetra-15 project. I am in awe...............

Brad
Old May 1st 12, 06:24 PM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[_2_] View Post
On Apr 30, 9:48*am, Tony wrote:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/700363.html

and it was on the cover of this 2004 Free Flight:http://www.wgc.mb.ca/sac/freeflight/04_01.pdf

Sweet!

well, I would very much like to get in touch with Mr Nowak to talk
about sailplane design and building, this is a remarkable achievement,
similar to our HP/Tetra-15 project. I am in awe...............

Brad
...and, if I may add to my previous post concerning personal epic flights...

It is inspiring to see the epic accomplishments and achievements of others.

Thank you to all who post their recorded flights on OLC for others to view, learn from, and dream about. And a thank you to those who share your stories and pictures of design, development, and construction of beautiful soaring machines.