Prince William got his RAF wings.

Old April 15th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation
Some Other Guy

Default Prince William got his RAF wings.

Denny wrote:
Dudley, I am an ugly american that thinks the so called Royal Family
is a bunch rich hawgs feeding at the public trough over there... We
put them out of this country and I would put them off the dole in
England in a heartbeat had I the discretion...

For what it's worth, maintaining the entire extended royal family costs 61p
per British taxpayer per year. That's about $1.20 US.

Old April 15th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Some Other Guy wrote:
Denny wrote:
Dudley, I am an ugly american that thinks the so called Royal Family
is a bunch rich hawgs feeding at the public trough over there... We
put them out of this country and I would put them off the dole in
England in a heartbeat had I the discretion...

For what it's worth, maintaining the entire extended royal family costs 61p
per British taxpayer per year. That's about $1.20 US.

The last time I looked, that was their perogitive. If they don't feel like
supporting a manarchy any longer then they can just have a revolution like we
did. In the meanshile, it's their country and they can do as they please.

The whole world doesn't have to be just like us, do they?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old April 15th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Some Other Guy wrote:
Denny wrote:
Dudley, I am an ugly american that thinks the so called Royal Family
is a bunch rich hawgs feeding at the public trough over there... We
put them out of this country and I would put them off the dole in
England in a heartbeat had I the discretion...

For what it's worth, maintaining the entire extended royal family costs 61p
per British taxpayer per year. That's about $1.20 US.

And for that they British get???
Old April 15th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote:
Some Other Guy wrote:
Denny wrote:
Dudley, I am an ugly american that thinks the so called Royal Family
is a bunch rich hawgs feeding at the public trough over there... We
put them out of this country and I would put them off the dole in
England in a heartbeat had I the discretion...

For what it's worth, maintaining the entire extended royal family costs 61p
per British taxpayer per year. That's about $1.20 US.

And for that they British get???

The same thing Americans get out of preserving Gettysburg; history.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 15th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation
Vaughn Simon

"Denny" wrote in message
I would put them off the dole in
England in a heartbeat had I the discretion...

Yes, but that is for the Brits to decide, and they seem to rather like their
royal family; so who the hell are we to say they shouldn't have one?

For my part, I would LOVE to score a 13-week paid flying vacation with the
RAF.

Vaughn

Old April 15th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

And for that they British get???

Really cool ceremonial weddings...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old April 15th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

I for one will share my sky with a man of Prince William's obvious
character.

So if someone has "character," he doesn't need flying ability or training to
get a pilot's license?

It's bad enough when people depend too much on credentials; it's even worse
when the credentials have absolutely nothing to do with the activity at hand.
Be a royal, get a license--no competence or training required. Your
sycophants will still share the skies with you, no matter how dangerous you
are.
Old April 15th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

I for one will share my sky with a man of Prince William's obvious
character.

So if someone has "character," he doesn't need flying ability or training to
get a pilot's license?

It's bad enough when people depend too much on credentials; it's even worse
when the credentials have absolutely nothing to do with the activity at hand.
Be a royal, get a license--no competence or training required. Your
sycophants will still share the skies with you, no matter how dangerous you
are.

Your comment I believe is in need of some correction if I may :-)

Prince William has no solo flying privileges he hasn't earned, and any
flying he might do now or in the future I'm quite certain will be
conducted totally within the confines of his level of demonstrated
competence.
Prince William's "character" as you put it, although at a very high
level, will in no way open doors for him to fly anything, or in fact do
anything, in an aircraft he hasn't been authorized by competent RAF
authority to fly.
The RAF has no interest whatsoever in losing either Prince William or
one of their aircraft and are quite competent to keep each in one piece.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old April 15th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation
me[_3_]

Prince William has no solo flying privileges he hasn't earned, and any
flying he might do now or in the future I'm quite certain will be
conducted totally within the confines of his level of demonstrated
competence.
Prince William's "character" as you put it, although at a very high level,
will in no way open doors for him to fly anything, or in fact do anything,
in an aircraft he hasn't been authorized by competent RAF authority to
fly.
The RAF has no interest whatsoever in losing either Prince William or one
of their aircraft and are quite competent to keep each in one piece.

Oh no, no, no. No one would ever allow them to do anything stupid just
because of who they are, now would they?

Er, well ... see
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._/ai_n13995635

Old April 15th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

me wrote:
Prince William has no solo flying privileges he hasn't earned, and any
flying he might do now or in the future I'm quite certain will be
conducted totally within the confines of his level of demonstrated
competence.
Prince William's "character" as you put it, although at a very high level,
will in no way open doors for him to fly anything, or in fact do anything,
in an aircraft he hasn't been authorized by competent RAF authority to
fly.
The RAF has no interest whatsoever in losing either Prince William or one
of their aircraft and are quite competent to keep each in one piece.

Oh no, no, no. No one would ever allow them to do anything stupid just
because of who they are, now would they?

Er, well ... see
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._/ai_n13995635

This accident was a dual flight, not solo, and as such is outside the
confines of our discussion. It also was not authorized.

The argument to make this incident unique to the Prince of Wales is a
stretch, as this type of thing has happened many many times before to
plain ordinary people.
The instructor involved in the incident was faulted which from what I
am reading, was duly justified.

This type of accident is not unique at all to the Prince of Wales and
has occurred unfortunately since time immemorial both involving flight
instructors AND pilots generally, when newbies are allowed to fly the
airplane and allowed so deeply into errors that the PIC of the aircraft
can't recover same.

The bottom line here is that although the accident was unfortunate, what
happened wasn't unique at all as applies to the Prince of Wales.

--
Dudley Henriques