Multiple IGC files on Google Map or similar

Old July 15th 12, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Multiple IGC files on Google Map or similar

I have multiple igc files that I would like to display overlaid on a Google Map or similar. I'd like to have the flights shown on map that shows state boundaries, major cities, etc. and not the clutter of terrain elevation or sectional charts which make it difficult to really see where the flight went. Anyone know where I can get those to import them into SeeYou or a program that will display multiple igc files over the same map like I want? Thanks!
Old July 15th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
b4soaring

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:17:24 PM UTC+1, Tony wrote:
I have multiple igc files that I would like to display overlaid on a Google Map or similar. I'd like to have the flights shown on map that shows state boundaries, major cities, etc. and not the clutter of terrain elevation or sectional charts which make it difficult to really see where the flight went. Anyone know where I can get those to import them into SeeYou or a program that will display multiple igc files over the same map like I want? Thanks!

Turn them into kml files, show them in Google Earth:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/index.html
http://www.gpsbabel.org/screenshots.html
Old July 15th 12, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

http://skylines.xcsoar.org/
Old July 15th 12, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Sunday, 15 July 2012 13:53:15 UTC-6, Max Kellermann wrote:
Tony > wrote:
> I have multiple igc files that I would like to display overlaid on a Google Map or similar. I'd like to have the flights shown on map that shows state boundaries, major cities, etc. and not the clutter of terrain elevation or sectional charts which make it difficult to really see where the flight went. Anyone know where I can get those to import them into SeeYou or a program that will display multiple igc files over the same map like I want? Thanks!

http://skylines.xcsoar.org/

To display two IGC file you can use this http://chorlton.homeip.net/flighttools/dual.html

or to convert your IGC file to a KML/Z file you can use this utility http://www.maddyhome.com/igc2kml/convert.do

Tell JL to push that stick forward and flying faster the rest of the contest!

Ron Gleason
Old July 15th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:51:56 PM UTC-5, b4soaring wrote:
On Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:17:24 PM UTC+1, Tony wrote:
> I have multiple igc files that I would like to display overlaid on a Google Map or similar. I'd like to have the flights shown on map that shows state boundaries, major cities, etc. and not the clutter of terrain elevation or sectional charts which make it difficult to really see where the flight went. Anyone know where I can get those to import them into SeeYou or a program that will display multiple igc files over the same map like I want? Thanks!

Turn them into kml files, show them in Google Earth:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/index.html
http://www.gpsbabel.org/screenshots.html

gpsvisualizer has the ability to do exactly what i would like, overlaying multiple igc files on a google map, but it has a cursed 3 MB limit and i have 8 IGC files i want to overlay. oh well i'll see what I can figure out to get around that. Thanks
Old July 16th 12, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

http://skylines.xcsoar.org/

to display multiple flights you can use URLs like this:
http://skylines.xcsoar.org/flights/3512,3294,1805,1169/

unfortunatly SkyLines has no airspace layer of the US yet. if anyone can provide the data please contact me.
Old July 17th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Tobias,

I can probably help. Contact me by using the email link from my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. And let me know what format you are looking for.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old April 18th 16, 11:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michele Dalla Torre

I used the tool linked above http://chorlton.homeip.net/flighttools/dual.html to compare 2 igc files/flights.
Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Cheers.