Turbo Cirrus

Old January 21st 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

Default Turbo Cirrus

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Matt Barrow wrote:

And the Bonanza guys who put normally aspirated 550's in their planes get
190-195 kts true at 8000 at about 16 gph.

Using what leaning techniques?

Find that red box list I posted a while back. Nothing radical.

they all use LOP? Oddly, IIUC, only a very few use LOP techniques.

The specs (which was the original reference) typically state the leaning
technique used to derive the numbers stated.

IOW, you're comparing apples and tangerines.

Old January 21st 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Matt Barrow wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

Nathan Young wrote:

For further comparison the non-turbo Cirrus will do 17.5gph @ ISA @
8000 for a TAS of 175KTS. Meanwhile the non-turbo Lancair 350 will
burn 17.4gph @ ISA @ 8000ft for a TAS of 191KTS.

And the Bonanza guys who put normally aspirated 550's in their planes get
190-195 kts true at 8000 at about 16 gph.

But they are not dragging their wheels out in the slipstream.

Good lord, no. Not on purpose.

More "Apples and oranges". Were you a salesman in a previous life (or even
this one)?

:~)

Old January 21st 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Matt Whiting wrote:

And paying the insurance commensurate with that.

Have you checked the insurance on a Cirrus or Lancair? Double to triple
what I pay for the Bo, minimum, for a normally aspirated bird.

I checked on insurance
recently for a Skylane and a 210, both mid-60s vintage. The Skylane was
$1450 annually and the 210 was $3,800.

The last year I had the 182 I paid $1050 for $70K hull. I paid $2300 for
the Bo for this year, I'll be below $2K when I re-up in August.

What's the hull value of a Cirrus or Columbia? Your Bo is $70K....

Old January 22nd 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Matt Barrow wrote:

The last year I had the 182 I paid $1050 for $70K hull. I paid $2300 for
the Bo for this year, I'll be below $2K when I re-up in August.

What's the hull value of a Cirrus or Columbia? Your Bo is $70K....

The Bo is insured for $90K. The main reason for the higher premium is
the higher value but also because there isn't much loss history and also
because the plastic airplane is going to cost a lot more overall to
repair as there isn't anywhere, relatively speaking, to have it fixed.

Trip report: Cirrus SR-22 demo flight Jose Piloting 13 September 22nd 06 11:08 PM
Cirrus demo Dan Luke Piloting 12 December 4th 05 05:26 AM
Iced up Cirrus crashes Dan Luke Piloting 136 February 16th 05 07:39 PM
Cirrus SR22 Purchase advice needed. C J Campbell Piloting 122 May 10th 04 11:30 PM