Margy is famous!

Old October 14th 03, 11:32 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Margy is famous!

I would love to come and visit sometime, but I doubt if I'll be flying
in...not in
my plane anyway! Bit far. (based at Bourne Park, Hampshire - UK)

You still coming to the States this year, Paul?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 15th 03, 03:42 AM
Margy Natalie

I'll keep on nagging, and I'm sure if the powers that be like the idea it won't
matter if it's rented. I just think a GA fly-in with planes folks can touch and
sit it would be a whole lot more educational than another warbird fly-in (don't
even think of stepping on the wing). We will see what happens. As for now I'm
just trying to make sure my stuff is ready for opening, first field trips, etc.
It is a great museum and a great collection.

Margy

Jack Allison wrote:

Margie, can I display a rented airplane? :-) Would love to do something
like that someday, especially if I reach the status of owner or co-owner
someday.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

.)

I'm not running for anything. We will leave that to Jim :-). I'm just

having
lots of fun writing aviation lessons for students to go with the new
collection. Air and Space has done a great job with planning for the new
museum, especially in the area of education. The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy

center
is located on the grounds of Dulles airport, but not anywhere near the
terminal. I don't know of any plans to run public transportation to the
museum, but it would be a short cab ride. The museum has a tower that is

1
foot taller than the Dulles tower for watching airport ops. The

collection is
amazing. Unless I'm teaching a class I'm sure I'll be able to show you

around,
but a tour by the docents will probably be better (they have to train for

5
months before they are allowed out on the floor!). Jay is rather

mistaken, he
can't touch anything! There is rumor that the museum will be allowed 4

fly-ins
a year. I'm going to work my hardest to get a general aviation fly-in

with the
understanding that the pilots that fly in will show off their planes to

the
general public. Does that sound like fun? Would folks be willing to

fly-in
and stay with their planes for an hour or two?

BTW if anyone has any wood or aluminum wing/stabilizer ribs they don't

need I
really need some for a discovery station I'm working on.

The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center opens on Dec. 15th, 2003. www.nasm.si.edu

See you later,

Margy

Congratulations, Margy! What a cool job you've landed! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 15th 03, 03:42 AM
Margy Natalie

Oh great, I guess I need to find a copy of that just to protect myself.
:-)

Margy

Jack Allison wrote:

Congratulations Margie! Though, I do have a copy of that .jpg Jay is
referring to on my computer *and* CD, just for safe keeping. :-)

One of these days, I want to visit the Air & Space Museum.

Old October 16th 03, 03:21 PM
Jay Honeck

and I haven't got anyone's e-mail address any more (apart from you
guys!)...it all needs planning and time...

Shoot -- what else do you need?

You've got Ron & Margy (and a host of others) on the East coast. You've got
Mary and me (and a host of others) in the Midwest. You've got Jim Fisher
(and a host of others) down South. And you've got a jillion people to
choose from out West!

You could conceivably spend a month in the States, and never see anyone but
pilots! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 16th 03, 03:27 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
You could conceivably spend a month in the States, and never see anyone

but
pilots! :-)

That just about describes all the times I've been out there so far! :-)

Old October 17th 03, 12:04 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Paul Sengupta wrote:

Doesn't help that IT services managed to lose all my old e-mails
and I haven't got anyone's e-mail address any more (apart from you
guys!)...

Well, if you make it over, my offer to shoot the Hudson corridor is still good.
Depending on how I feel, I may offer to fly you out to Jay's. *I* can't afford
to stay there, but I have a friend who lives half and hour flight north of
there, so it might be doable.

George Patterson
To a pilot, altitude is like money - it is possible that having too much
could prove embarassing, but having too little is always fatal.
Old October 17th 03, 04:08 AM
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:

and I haven't got anyone's e-mail address any more (apart from you
guys!)...it all needs planning and time...

Shoot -- what else do you need?

You've got Ron & Margy (and a host of others) on the East coast. You've got
Mary and me (and a host of others) in the Midwest. You've got Jim Fisher
(and a host of others) down South. And you've got a jillion people to
choose from out West!

You could conceivably spend a month in the States, and never see anyone but
pilots! :-)

The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center is opening on Dec. 15th right outside
Washington, DC then you could swoop on down to Kitty Hawk for the 17th.

Margy

Old October 17th 03, 04:14 AM
Jay Honeck

Depending on how I feel, I may offer to fly you out to Jay's. *I* can't
afford
to stay there, but I have a friend who lives half and hour flight north of
there, so it might be doable.

George, George, George. Our suites start at just $59.95 per night -- and
your Usenet Discount knocks that down another 20%. Thus, for just $47.95
per night, you get a 300 square foot suite, with a full kitchen, breakfast
bar, queen sized bed, and a delivered-to-your-suite breakfast basket in the
morning -- including the daily newspaper!

Or, you can pay 100% more, at $99.95, and stay at a Holiday Inn Express in a
room 50% smaller, with no kitchen, and no delivered breakfast. (I guess
that's what makes the people who stay there so "smart", eh?)

True, for $47.95 you won't enjoy an aviation theme suite, and you won't get
a jacuzzi hot tub -- but that suite (our smallest) is actually *bigger* than
the local Sheraton's BIGGEST suite. :-)

We have the most affordable luxury suites, anywhere -- period.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 17th 03, 11:26 AM
Paul Sengupta

Hi Margy, I can't make December as I'm going on a tour
of central India with my parents for the whole of December
(well, 3.5 weeks). I have family in Calcutta so we're going
there for Christmas after the tour. Sorry! Otherwise I'd be
tempted. But I guess there will be a few people already at
Kittyhawk on the 17th...

I shall endevour to visit though. I have a few places marked
on my "to do" list! :-)

Paul

Old October 17th 03, 11:30 AM
Paul Sengupta

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message
Well, if you make it over, my offer to shoot the Hudson corridor is still

good.
Depending on how I feel, I may offer to fly you out to Jay's. *I* can't

afford
to stay there, but I have a friend who lives half and hour flight north of
there, so it might be doable.

:-)

Thanks George. I appreciate that. I can get out to Jays on frequent
flyer points I think, but Maule would be much more of an adventure!
I would of course pay half the fuel (if anyone from the FAA is reading,
I didn't suggest the trip first! :-) )...

Paul