finally made a coast to coast X-C

Old August 11th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Doe[_2_]

Default finally made a coast to coast X-C

Well, after 20 years of flying GA I finally took the time off in the summer
to do a coast to coast trip.

Left the east coast of NC to flew all the way to L.A. and then up to San
Fran. Headed up through the mountains of Montana and Wyoming before heading
back the northern route across MN and then down and back to NC.

Spent two weeks with the family seeing everything we could.
Put 35 hours on our plane.
Loved every minute of it.

You guys who live out west sure have some beautiful mountains to fly around.

Can't wait to do it again.

Old August 11th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"John Doe" wrote in message
.. .
Well, after 20 years of flying GA I finally took the time off in the
summer to do a coast to coast trip.

Left the east coast of NC to flew all the way to L.A. and then up to San
Fran. Headed up through the mountains of Montana and Wyoming before
heading back the northern route across MN and then down and back to NC.

Spent two weeks with the family seeing everything we could.
Put 35 hours on our plane.
Loved every minute of it.

You guys who live out west sure have some beautiful mountains to fly
around.

Can't wait to do it again.

That's a fun route, I have done 9+ coast to coast flights this year in
everything from Beech Skipper's to Cherokee Six 300's! They are fun flights.
Did you by chance get to go on the west side of the cascades?

Old August 11th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

:
: Left the east coast of NC to flew all the way to L.A. and then up to San
: Fran. Headed up through the mountains of Montana and Wyoming before heading
: back the northern route across MN and then down and back to NC.
:
: Spent two weeks with the family seeing everything we could.
: Put 35 hours on our plane.
: Loved every minute of it.
:
: You guys who live out west sure have some beautiful mountains to fly around.
:
: Can't wait to do it again.
:
:
:

What kind of plane?

Old August 12th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Left the east coast of NC to flew all the way to L.A. and then up to San
Fran. Headed up through the mountains of Montana and Wyoming before heading
back the northern route across MN and then down and back to NC.

Spent two weeks with the family seeing everything we could.
Put 35 hours on our plane.
Loved every minute of it.

Sweet. That's my ultimate dream vacation.

What kind of plane do you own/fly?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Doe[_2_]

"NW_Pilot" wrote in message
. ..

"John Doe" wrote in message
.. .
Well, after 20 years of flying GA I finally took the time off in the
summer to do a coast to coast trip.

Left the east coast of NC to flew all the way to L.A. and then up to San
Fran. Headed up through the mountains of Montana and Wyoming before
heading back the northern route across MN and then down and back to NC.

Spent two weeks with the family seeing everything we could.
Put 35 hours on our plane.
Loved every minute of it.

You guys who live out west sure have some beautiful mountains to fly
around.

Can't wait to do it again.

That's a fun route, I have done 9+ coast to coast flights this year in
everything from Beech Skipper's to Cherokee Six 300's! They are fun
flights. Did you by chance get to go on the west side of the cascades?

No, I didn't. We had to cut the corner and go straight from SFO to MSO.
Had I known more about the NW we probably would have gone farther NW. Gotta
remember that on my next trip.

Old August 12th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Our club just purchased 100 HP Champ to replace the 665 HP 7AC we lost
last September. The cross-country is now possible!
Old August 12th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"john smith" wrote in message
Our club just purchased 100 HP Champ to replace the 665 HP 7AC we lost
last September. The cross-country is now possible!

665hp, wow what turbine did you have on that 7AC hahahaha!!!!

Old August 12th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
"NW_Pilot" wrote:

"john smith" wrote in message
Our club just purchased 100 HP Champ to replace the 665 HP 7AC we lost
last September. The cross-country is now possible!

665hp, wow what turbine did you have on that 7AC hahahaha!!!!

Ssssome ttttimessss I ssssttuttttter when I tttype! :-))
(with no insult intended to anyone so afflicted)