Do not answer Mxsmanic

Old October 11th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

Default Do not answer Mxsmanic

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"randall g" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:52:54 -0400, Jay Somerset
wrote:

I tend to agree, and might remind folks that the name of this NG is
rec.aviation.PILOTING, not rec.aviation.SIMULATORS or rec.aviation.GAMES.

So what? He's asking real live pilots stuff about real live piloting.

And then he spends the next 20 posts in the thread arguing with them that
their answers are wrong.

Something akin to high schoolers arguing economics with Dr. Thomas Sowell:
www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell081798.html

Old October 11th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
randall g

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:15:45 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I tend to agree, and might remind folks that the name of this NG is
rec.aviation.PILOTING, not rec.aviation.SIMULATORS or rec.aviation.GAMES.

So what? He's asking real live pilots stuff about real live piloting.

And then he spends the next 20 posts in the thread arguing with them that
their answers are wrong.

So what? It still relates to piloting does it not? Nobody is forcing you
to participate in or read those threads.

randall g =%^) PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
http://www.telemark.net/randallg
Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca
Old October 11th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

randall g wrote:

So what? It still relates to piloting does it not? Nobody is forcing you
to participate in or read those threads.

It diverts energy from the newsgroup. If you have limited time to read and post
and you **** away two thirds of it reading his lectures and the resulting
answers, then you have very little time left for legitimate posts.

He's not interested in your answers to his questions. He's interested in
demonstrating his superiority to you in aviation matters. The fact that he's
never flown matters not. The fact that you may be infinitely more experienced
does not qualify you to answer his questions in his mind. If it did, how could
his aviation knowledge be superior to yours?

He claims he's been flying sims for 15 years, then he asks if a rudder is
required for coordinated flight? Is that a legitimate question for a 15 year
"pilot"? People try to straighten him out but it would take more time than I
still have on this earth. So many misconceptions, so little willingness to
learn. He's a troll; nothing more.

I should killfile him but I keep finding myself drawn to his posts like a moth
to a flame... I'm never disappointed as he seldom says anything cogent to real
pilots. But he says what he says with such conviction!

Some newbie is going to read one of his pronouncements, believe it, and it's
going to get him killed. Numbnuts will just tsk, tsk the death as the
inevitable proof of his assertion that aviation is unsafe.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 11th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
swag

I would disagree . I have read with some entertainment the recent 200+
message thread about multiengine airplanes and have been impressed that
he has been putting forth arguments that were made by my flight
instructors and best pilot friends. And he has been doing it without
any resort to ad hominem constructs. There have been two categories of
points with name calling only reflect badly on themselves.

Old October 11th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

swag wrote:
I would disagree . I have read with some entertainment the recent 200+
message thread about multiengine airplanes and have been impressed that
he has been putting forth arguments that were made by my flight
instructors and best pilot friends. And he has been doing it without
any resort to ad hominem constructs. There have been two categories of
points with name calling only reflect badly on themselves.

Um, he's saying that multiengine rated pilots who don't own twins don't
know what they are talking about. How is that a rational argument?
Old October 12th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
randall g wrote:

And then he spends the next 20 posts in the thread arguing with them that
their answers are wrong.

So what?

His actions are typical of trolls that are out to pollute a newsgroup to the
point of making is useless.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old October 12th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
randall g

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:50:58 -0400, Bob Noel
wrote:

In article ,
randall g wrote:

And then he spends the next 20 posts in the thread arguing with them that
their answers are wrong.

So what?

His actions are typical of trolls that are out to pollute a newsgroup to the
point of making is useless.

That is nowhere near happening here.

Old October 12th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

His actions are typical of trolls that are out to pollute a newsgroup to the
point of making is useless.

That is nowhere near happening here.

How do you know how many have stopped checking in here, because they do not want
to wade through the high number of irrelevant and unnecessary posts? Almost
every thread gets invaded, whether he started it or not.

I know I am getting close to quiting reading this group for a while, and I have
been reading it for a very long time. I simply don't have enough time for the
nonsense.

I think you are underestimating the power of the troll.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 12th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

It diverts energy from the newsgroup. If you have limited time to read and post
and you **** away two thirds of it reading his lectures and the resulting
answers, then you have very little time left for legitimate posts.

Are you really that dumb? No matter what I or anybody else posts you
just have to read it? Are you kidding me? I bet I don't read 60-70% of
what's posted here. It just doesn't interest me.

Old October 12th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
swag

OK Emily--you made me go back and reread every single one of his posts
to the group to see if he ever said any such thing and the answer is
that he did not. You may have interpolated that if one of his
statements or questions called into question a statement by a
multiengine rated pilot he was saying such a thing. But my reading of
every one of his posts was that he never called anyone a name and he
never said "you don't know what you're talking about." Several of his
questions which seemed legit , like--"why is a turboprop more expensive
than a piston, since it has fewer moving parts, is more reliable, and
uses cheaper fuel?" were treated with disdain. One respondent said
"You can look it up on google, so quit wasting our time." People are
reacting to him with negativity that seems from this casual (and
multiengine owner and rated) observer's perspective to be unearned and
(since everyone seems to cite their negativity as emanating from the
fact that as owners and pilots they must know more than him) quite
bigoted.

Please Ignore Mxsmanic Terry Piloting 45 September 29th 06 08:26 PM
molding plexiglas websites? [email protected] Owning 44 February 17th 05 09:33 PM
Answer on CEF ILS RWY 23 questions Paul Tomblin Instrument Flight Rules 21 October 17th 04 04:18 PM
Dennis Fetters Mini 500 EmailMe Home Built 70 June 21st 04 09:36 PM