Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery!

Old January 17th 04, 09:10 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery!

This time it's Vlado Lenoch gracing the pages of our rec.aviation photo
gallery, colloquially known in these parts as the "Rogue's Gallery"...

Check out his fabulous 1944 P-51D Mustang, "Moonbeam McSwine," at
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm . (Navigate to the "L"s to
find Vlado's pix...)

Want YOUR bird posted for the rest of us to drool all over? Send some pix,
and a short narrative about yourself, to me at and
I'll get'cha posted!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 18th 04, 05:03 AM
Ed Wischmeyer

Enough of this spam in disguise advertising your motel...

Ed Wischmeyer
Old January 18th 04, 05:24 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message
Enough of this spam in disguise advertising your motel...

Ed Wischmeyer

Ummmm...Ed? You can remove your foot from your mouth anytime now...we'll
pretend not to notice.

Old January 18th 04, 05:25 AM
Jay Honeck

Enough of this spam in disguise advertising your motel...

Gee, Ed -- I take it you don't want to add your plane to the Rogue's
Gallery?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 18th 04, 02:36 PM
Jay Honeck

(I'm not Ed, but...) I would send pictures, but I guess an email
with some questions went into bit-limbo.

do you want the thumbnails and regulars pictures already sized
or do you want to do that yourself?

Hi Bob,

Thumbnails are not required, as my software builds 'em automatically. If
you could re-size the pix to 640 x 480 before sending them, however, that
would save me a step.

Also, I've found that the "best" airplane galleries are the ones with a shot
of the person(s) in them, either in flight or on the ground. Airplanes are
cool, but just setting by themselves they're a bit cold and sterile.

Please remember to tell me where you're based. I can't tell you how many
times I've had to look up an "N" number on "Landings.com" to figure that
out -- everyone thinks I know where they are, I guess! :-)

Also, attach a note about how long you've been lurking in the groups, how
long you've been flying, etc. Some people send me their whole life's story,
while others I have to beg for details.

We've now got over sixty (60!!) Rec.Aviation "members" in the "Rogue's
Gallery," in just over 7 weeks on-line. That's pretty amazing, I think!
You folks are great, and I really enjoy seeing what everyone is flying -- it
makes the newsgroup experience just that much better.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 18th 04, 05:46 PM
Jerry Springer

Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message

Enough of this spam in disguise advertising your motel...

Ed Wischmeyer

Ummmm...Ed? You can remove your foot from your mouth anytime now...we'll
pretend not to notice.

Why does he need to remove foot? I agree with Ron, I like Jay and he contributes
to this NG but I really don't think we need to know each time someone posts to
his web site.

Jerry

Old January 18th 04, 05:52 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
link.net...

Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message

Enough of this spam in disguise advertising your motel...

Ed Wischmeyer

Ummmm...Ed? You can remove your foot from your mouth anytime now...we'll
pretend not to notice.

Why does he need to remove foot? I agree with Ron, I like Jay and he

contributes
to this NG but I really don't think we need to know each time someone

posts to
his web site.

Maybe because the web site he references is DEDICATED TO THIS NEWSGROUP?

Old January 18th 04, 05:55 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
link.net...
Correction that should have said "I agree with ED"

Jerry

Listen VERY closely:

POINT #1 - Ed was bitching that Jay's points were SPAM.

POINT #2 - They pointers to Jay's web site are the part that is DEDICATED
TO THIS NEWS GROUP

You might also...

Old January 18th 04, 06:10 PM
Jerry Springer

YES sir mister sixkiller now go F yourself. I got your poinit the first time.
My second post was a correction to where I said "RON" instead of "ED" as Ed was
the orginal poster. NOW why don't you "READ VERY CLOSELY?"