SZD-19 Zefir 2A in USA?

Old December 12th 12, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SZD-19 Zefir 2A in USA?

I got the name wrong.. Zefir, not Zephir.. sorry
JC
Old December 12th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Dec 12, 7:01*am, wrote:
I got the name wrong.. Zefir, not Zephir.. sorry
JC

Thank you for the information on that Zephir, Juan Carlos. It is
indeed beautifully restored! I imagine his heart rate was up a bit
when the red light did not go out. But I applaud his decision to
ignore the gear indication and fly the plane after several attempts to
get the green light. Do you, by chance, know which one of the three
this one is? One was flown by Ed Makula, one by Jerzy Popiel (both of
Poland, placed 1 and 2 respectively) and the third was flown by your
own Rudolfo Hossinger, who placed 5th. I thought I had seen pictures
of one hanging in a museum in Poland that claimed to be the one Makula
had flown to the World Championships.

Steve
Old December 14th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

El miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012 20:35:31 UTC-3, Steve Leonard escribió:
On Dec 12, 7:01*am, wrote: I got the name wrong.. Zefir, not Zephir.. sorry JC Thank you for the information on that Zephir, Juan Carlos. It is indeed beautifully restored! I imagine his heart rate was up a bit when the red light did not go out. But I applaud his decision to ignore the gear indication and fly the plane after several attempts to get the green light. Do you, by chance, know which one of the three this one is? One was flown by Ed Makula, one by Jerzy Popiel (both of Poland, placed 1 and 2 respectively) and the third was flown by your own Rudolfo Hossinger, who placed 5th. I thought I had seen pictures of one hanging in a museum in Poland that claimed to be the one Makula had flown to the World Championships. Steve

I´ll check with some of the old timers on the history of the three Zefirs..
Juan Carlos
Old December 14th 12, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

What a sexy ship!

Boggs
Old January 6th 13, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello steve , my name is Sebastián Favre , i am the owner of zefir in Argentina, my zefir is Part number PN-408 , registration LV-DDZ , I did a complete overhaul in 2011 , is the only zefir flying in all América.
My email is
In Facebook look for zefir SZD , you will see pictures , of the restoration and some videos.
Regards.
Old January 6th 13, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sebastian, could you share some impressions on how does the ship handle? The legend goes it was extremally demanding...

Piotr Szafranski
Old January 12th 13, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The handling of zefir is Very nice, it has a Very godo performace , I am Very Happy with this glider.