SGS 2-32 within 120sm of NYC?

Old January 19th 15, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

Default SGS 2-32 within 120sm of NYC?

Does anyone know of a (commercial?) operation within 120 driving miles of NYC that flies a 2-32? I need some time in one over the next 4 weeks. thanks! --bob
Old January 19th 15, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 1:34:45 AM UTC-5, Bob Pasker wrote:
Does anyone know of a (commercial?) operation within 120 driving miles of NYC that flies a 2-32? I need some time in one over the next 4 weeks. thanks! --bob

Yards Creek Soaring....Blairstown....about 60 miles....

I think they use it for rides, not for lessons...but maybe Jim will work with you on your needs...

Cookie
Old January 19th 15, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Calvert[_4_]

At 06:34 19 January 2015, Bob Pasker wrote:
Does anyone know of a (commercial?) operation within 120 driving

miles of
NYC that flies a 2-32? I need some time in one over the next 4 weeks.
thanks! --bob

I believe Blairstown has one.

Old January 20th 15, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 1:34:45 AM UTC-5, Bob Pasker wrote:
Does anyone know of a (commercial?) operation within 120 driving miles of NYC that flies a 2-32? I need some time in one over the next 4 weeks. thanks! --bob

Yards Creek Soaring. 1-908-362-1239
http://www.yardscreeksoaring.com/

Generally used for rides, but probably a way to work out some dual.

Erik Mann
SSA State Governor for NJ
(and part time CFIG at YCS)
Old January 22nd 15, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Unfortunately, yard creek won't do anything but rides in the 2-32

Any other suggestions? --Bob
Old January 23rd 15, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
XXL

Curious why you need time in the 2-32?

Cheers,
Roderick
Old January 23rd 15, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 10:13:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Unfortunately, yard creek won't do anything but rides in the 2-32

Any other suggestions? --Bob

You may have to just make a trip elsewhere. If you plan it right
airfare isn't too bad, and a lot of places have a bunkhouse so you
could spend the weekend. I know Chilhowee soaring offers dual time
in their 2-32. I'm sure there's others around too.

Typically solo rental isn't available for these beasts.
That was the case with Schweizer School years ago -- they'd sign you
off for PIC in the thing, but wouldn't let you fly alone in order to
keep the CG forward.

Matt
Old January 24th 15, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 10:34:45 PM UTC-8, Bob Pasker wrote:
Does anyone know of a (commercial?) operation within 120 driving miles of NYC that flies a 2-32? I need some time in one over the next 4 weeks. thanks! --bob

It is a little far but Hollister Soaring Center in Hollister, CA only uses 2-32's for their primary training.

http://www.soarhollister.com
Old January 26th 15, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

unfortunately Chilhowee is closed due to runway work. I have flown the 2-32 in Hollister, but its a little far