Parowan Safari

Old September 4th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Parowan Safari

This summer, my friend Morteza Ansari and I took our gliders out to
Parowan for 10 days of some of the best flying of my life. In the
first two days we logged a gold altitude, 2 diamond goals, and two
diamond distance badges. The scenery is beautiful, both from the air
and the ground, and the people are wonderful. It's a great place for
the beginner cross country pilot to stretch his/her wings. Great
conditions and lots of airports. If you want to see some photos and
get a sense of the place we put up two websites:

http://parowan.glideplan.com and Morteza's sister site
http://parowan.sharppics.com/Welcome.html

Enjoy!

Matt Herron (Jr.)

Old September 5th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Absolutely fantastic and a great job on the web pages. I have been in
the area on vacation but unfortunately was not flying. My wife and I
are even considering a move to Utah in the future some day.
A couple quick questions:
Do they operate year round at Parowan as far as gliding and towing
operations?
Do they rent any gliders there or is it just private?
Thanks
Craig