Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old February 28th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Clark writes:

You've never flown so have no knowledge of flying.

I've flown in simulation, which is very close to flying in real life, and
I've
studied a lot, so I know quite a bit about flying.

Liar, you have no clue about real life.

Everyone who reads your posts is exposed to a psychological
disorder.

Even if that were true, it would not qualify them to diagnose it.

If using a simulator doesn't qualify one to fly for real, then it can only
be
more true that not having any exposure to psychology would guarantee that
person could not diagnose psychological disorders.

That would only make sense to someone with your illness.

Old February 28th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

-b- writes:

I was an arrogant son-of-a-bitch before I learned to fly.

Learning to fly would not necessarily aggravate that characteristic, although
people with such personalities tend to become unsafe pilots.
Old February 28th 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

-b- writes:

The very voice of experience!

Mostly research rather than experience.

If you're so keenly interested in aviation, take some flight
lessons, for God's sake.

That isn't practical at the moment.

Today you sit around in a French café with your pals telling them you
would be perfectly able to land an airliner and that you know more about
aviation than most pilots.

I don't go to cafés, and I don't have pals.

If you take some lessons, by the time you solo in the lowly
Champ or C152 (and you will get there) you will have, if nothing
else, dispelled the notion that you would be capable of landing
an airliner!

Since these are not airliners, flying in them would tell me nothing about my
ability or inability to land an airliner.
Old February 28th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
-b-

The saddest part in all of this is that MX is not even a good simmer.
His responses indicate that he has a poor grasp of how simulation is used in
training, and what factors make for good transfer of simulation-learned
techniques to the real flight environment. This is particularly disheartening
because he claims to be a good reader, yet there are volumes published on the
subject.

By for the best thing he could do to improve (or at least initiate) the
pertinence of his posts would be to take some hours of real flight instruction.
Yet he has made his abhorrence of aviation and his disdain for anything real
sufficiently clear, that we can be sure he will never do so.

Therefore we can rest assured that his posts will be devoid of any significance
other than thinly disguised arrogance and disdain for those who have taken the
initiative to learn something. This is an extremely retrograde position, and
indicative of a very disturbed personality.

As for aeronautical considerations - he would do as well to get into long-range
weather forecasting. A year or so ahead. He would have as good a chance of
hitting on something true as his present blather on operations of aircraft.

Old March 1st 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't go to cafés, and I don't have pals.

What a surprize.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old March 1st 09, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Mike Ash writes:

The *engines turning* drains the fuel from the tanks. In other words
there is a strict time limit on all of these activities.

That time limit is not changed by incapacitation of the pilots.

Never, ever said it was. All I ever said was that there is a time limit.
Anything beyond that is your demented imagination.

Airports don't keep instructors sitting around on call ready to leap
into action at a moment's notice the way they do S&R, firemen, and
military interceptors.

They don't have to be on call.

They need to be in a position where they can be found and called in,
with enough time left over to find an identical airplane (or equivalent
simulator) and talk the guy down.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But it is a challenge and it has not
been demonstrated that it can be reliably overcome. I've never said that
it's impossible, merely that it has not been demonstrated to be
possible, and the gleeful self-assurance demonstrated by both yourself
and the author of the article in question are therefore not backed up by
reality.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old March 1st 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Feb 28, 7:00*pm, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

If they aren't, it will take hours to find them.

It only takes a few minutes.

Wrong again, though it is to be expected from someone with zero life
experience.

Having been involved in many a call up to people who are SUPPOSED to
be reachable and seen the actual results, I feel I am very qualified
to say you are full of **** when you say you can reach people in
a "few minutes" who have zero obligation to be available.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Suicide hot line: "Your call is very important to us, and will be
answered in the order it was received. Estimated wait time, etc"

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM