Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old March 1st 09, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
-b-

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

I was an arrogant son-of-a-bitch before I learned to fly.
That's many years ago now, but I recall watching all those guys and gals in
their 172's thinking I'd be into a KingAir before they even got certificated.
Guess what happened instead - I actually learned something! First thing I
learned was how much I didn't know. You are light-years away from that and
moving at lightspeed toward the dark end. That would be a great new pseudo for
you by the way "LightSpeedToward Darkness". Can we get that enacted right
away?

More on what I learned - the immense satisfaction of mastering the thing -
never master, but every day less and less a slave. Far too humbling a
satisfaction for the likes of you to assimilate. Of course I never came
anywhere near your abyss of pride and ignorance. Perhaps you really are at
lightspeed and there is no recovery possible.

Today I still don't have my KingAir, but I have a 182T and I'm just enthralled
at what a capable airplane it is! I hate to gloat about it, but I'm really
happy not to be in the deep rut you're in. You know you're in deep trouble.
Find professional help.

Old March 1st 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article
,
a wrote:

On Feb 28, 7:00*pm, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

If they aren't, it will take hours to find them.

It only takes a few minutes.

Wrong again, though it is to be expected from someone with zero life
experience.

Having been involved in many a call up to people who are SUPPOSED to
be reachable and seen the actual results, I feel I am very qualified
to say you are full of **** when you say you can reach people in
a "few minutes" who have zero obligation to be available.

Suicide hot line: "Your call is very important to us, and will be
answered in the order it was received. Estimated wait time, etc"

Even 911 lines sometimes get backed up and force people to wait for
minutes before talking to someone, and that's a service where people
call in routinely and for which any given call has a significant
probability of lives being at stake. And somehow it's going to be
trivial to get similar response time to on-call police and paramedics
when the necessary people aren't even on call? Funny and ludicrous.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old March 1st 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mike Ash writes:

Never, ever said it was. All I ever said was that there is a time limit.

There's always a time limit. But it will typically be extremely generous
compared to the time required to find a qualified instructor.

They need to be in a position where they can be found and called in,
with enough time left over to find an identical airplane (or equivalent
simulator) and talk the guy down.

Unless they live at the North Pole, it shouldn't take too long.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But it is a challenge and it has not
been demonstrated that it can be reliably overcome.

Just getting a large number of airplanes to land safely in poor weather
conditions is a substantial challenge, but air traffic controllers meet that
challenge daily. The mere fact that it might seem insurmountably difficult to
you doesn't mean that it would be difficult for others.

I've never said that it's impossible, merely that it has not been
demonstrated to be possible ...

Since it has not been demonstrated, asserting that it is difficult has no
greater empirical basis than asserting that it is easy, at best.

... and the gleeful self-assurance demonstrated by both yourself
and the author of the article in question are therefore not backed up by
reality.

Neither is it invalidated by reality.
Old March 1st 09, 07:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

You've played a game and claim it's more than that.

It's a simulation, not a game. Games have objectives, and prizes, and
arbitrary rules.

You've never flown but claim to know about it.

You don't have to fly to know about it. That's what books are for.

No body will believe your claims no matter how many times you
repeat them.

Some have already believed me, but their minds were less clouded by emotion
and more firmly ruled by intellect.

Sorry little boy but it's way past time for you to
grow up and admit it.

See above.

As usual, you can't follow an argument so you make up non-sense.

The logic is impeccable.

Folks deal with your abnormal psychology every time you post here.

The abnormality I see is not in me. I'm not sure why, but USENET gives voices
to those who would normally remain silently at the bottom of the bell curve.

After about ten of your posts just about anyone is qualified
to diagnose your problem.

If that were true, then, logically, after reading about ten posts here from
pilots, I'd be qualified to fly a real airplane.
Old March 1st 09, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

-b- writes:

Easy and cheap - even where you live.

No, unfortunately it is not. A pilot's license with an instrument rating, for
example, would cost $20,000 to $40,000, according to pilots and instructors
I've talked to.

Can't fool me.

No need.

I'm afraid I'm not surprised. . .

Why are you afraid?

Completely mistaken - couldn't be further from the truth - as usual.

Try it, and you'll see.
Old March 1st 09, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dave Doe writes:

He's a pilot.

For which airline?

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM