Winch tow to 6,076 ft.

Old January 30th 16, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FZ[_2_]

Default Winch tow to 6,076 ft.

On Jan 2nd 2016, using 4,100 meters of line, pilots Dominika Domanska and Ireneusz Boczkowski were winch to 1852 meters. They were flying SZD-54-2 Perkoz, SP-3796 and use 4100 meters of line. The wind on ground was 4.5 m/s.
It took 144 seconds to complete the tow.
Old January 30th 16, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Damon

Great. Where at? Glider Club? Condition? Thank You very much.
Old January 30th 16, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 4:09:52 PM UTC-5, Stephen Damon wrote:
Great. Where at? Glider Club? Condition? Thank You very much.

http://www.szybowce.com/milowa-wysok...ej-podlaskiej/

Try google translator. It might work.
Old January 31st 16, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

On 1/30/2016 3:55 PM, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 4:09:52 PM UTC-5, Stephen Damon wrote:
Great. Where at? Glider Club? Condition? Thank You very much.

http://www.szybowce.com/milowa-wysok...ej-podlaskiej/

Try google translator. It might work.

Ah, the fun things we can sometimes do when circumstances and the stars align!
I refer to the winching, not the translating.

I'm pretty sure google translator confirmed what I already suspected,
i.e. that this was done in Poland by Polish pilots. From the pictures, I
gather: a) they were ladies; b) it was cold; and c: it was a day of classic
convective streets, likely unsoarable in a Perkoz.

Bob W.

Best winch metrics - what is the best winch operationally? Bruce Soaring 19 July 19th 09 11:45 AM
Aircraft Winch Kobra Instrument Flight Rules 18 May 13th 05 08:30 PM
Aircraft Winch Kobra Owning 18 May 13th 05 08:30 PM
LIppmann reports a 950 meter winch launch with their Dynatec winch line - anything higher? Bill Daniels Soaring 20 December 27th 04 01:33 AM
Winch Way Is Up !! Craig Freeman Soaring 45 November 6th 03 04:08 PM