Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 11th 05, 05:40 PM
Paul kgyy

Default Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

True to the rugged pioneer spirit of our great country, DC cowered for
cover again as a Cessna violated the no-fly zone. Fighter jets were
scrambled to deal with this imminent threat to the security of our
nation.

Old May 11th 05, 06:14 PM
iflyatiger

I wonder how we look to people outside of the usa.

When a single Cessna airplane can cause the government to shut down and
people to scramble in fear. Imagine what the people all over the world some
of whom live in war zones or under daily fear of their evil governments must
think of our chicken behavior...
I also cant help but wonder what the men and woman of our armed services
think of this. They live in danger everyday and then they see how their
leaders react to a small plane simply flying somewhere it shouldn't.

Disgusting !!

oups.com...

Old May 11th 05, 06:18 PM
iflyatiger

P.S.
Yes the pilot is an idiot !!

"iflyatiger" wrote in message
I wonder how we look to people outside of the usa.

When a single Cessna airplane can cause the government to shut down and
people to scramble in fear. Imagine what the people all over the world

some
of whom live in war zones or under daily fear of their evil governments

must
think of our chicken behavior...
I also cant help but wonder what the men and woman of our armed services
think of this. They live in danger everyday and then they see how their
leaders react to a small plane simply flying somewhere it shouldn't.

Disgusting !!

oups.com...

Old May 11th 05, 06:33 PM
JohnH

Paul kgyy wrote:
True to the rugged pioneer spirit of our great country, DC cowered for
cover again as a Cessna violated the no-fly zone. Fighter jets were
scrambled to deal with this imminent threat to the security of our
nation.

Make light of it all you want, but it's these moron pilots who are going to
put an end to YOUR pastime.

Yes, it's silly for the gov't to scatter like hens when a Cessna approaches,
but that's not the point.

AOPA or the like should help make examples of these pilots, in a big public
way. "We won't tolerate ignorance among our own and suggest immediate
revocation of their flying privileges".

It may have been semi-excusable to invade DC airspace a couple years ago,
but no one should be in the air without knowing good and well where they're
flying now.

Old May 11th 05, 06:37 PM
Sport Pilot

Did he get disoriented wilst doing rolls?

Old May 11th 05, 06:39 PM
Sport Pilot

Yes, it's silly for the gov't to scatter like hens when a Cessna
approaches,
but that's not the point.

Not when its possible for a C150 to carry a small A bomb in a suitcase.

Old May 11th 05, 06:47 PM
Andrew Gideon

Sport Pilot wrote:

Not when its possible for a C150 to carry a small A bomb in a suitcase.

One can carry much more, without the problem of dodging fighters, in a
minivan.

When DC is closed off to all vehicular traffic, I'll believe that someone is
serious about security and I'll accept what's being done to GA there.
Absent that, this is a joke and we're the butt of that joke.

- Andrew

Old May 11th 05, 06:49 PM
Jay Honeck

AOPA or the like should help make examples of these pilots, in a big
public way. "We won't tolerate ignorance among our own and suggest
immediate revocation of their flying privileges".

At first blush upon reading this I thought "How ridiculous!"

However, the more I consider it, the more I think John is onto something
here. If we, the pilot community, don't do something to make it apparent
that these morons who keep busting the TFRs are NOT representative of the
rest of us, nor do they reflect the predominant attitude of most pilots, nor
do they reflect a general lack of intelligence shared by other pilots, I
fear that the federal government is simply going to make the whole danged
East Coast a no-fly zone.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 11th 05, 06:51 PM
Mutts

On 11 May 2005 09:40:02 -0700, "Paul kgyy"
wrote:

True to the rugged pioneer spirit of our great country, DC cowered for
cover again as a Cessna violated the no-fly zone. Fighter jets were
scrambled to deal with this imminent threat to the security of our
nation.

N5826G
C-150K

Owned by Vintage Aero Club in PA.

Heard on Fox that aircraft was taken "without permission".

thus is is the story at this point.
Old May 11th 05, 06:52 PM
Gene Seibel

I don't want anyone to take this wrong, it's just a thought that
floated through my head.

Threats don't do any good unless one believes they will be carried out.
Shooting down one Cessna would wake up a lot of pilots. Would also give
the public a "sense of secutiry," however false it may be. Otherwise we
go on with complacent pilots and panic in the streets every time a
small plane flies over.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html