Here's evidence why the gov't assholes overreacted.

Old May 12th 05, 03:04 PM
Sport Pilot

When a society reaches the point that it is willing to put a 19 year
old kid in a humvee in a foreign country and order him to drive down a

road where he will be shot at, or blown up, while at the same time the

50 year olds who put him in that humvee are fleeing like rabbits
because someone in a spam can Cessna got within ten miles of them,

then
it is clear that 'insurgents' have won the war even if the battles
still go on...

So I understand you didn't care for FDR and Truman for the same reason?
How many of those 50 year olds knew it was a C150? None! The capitol
police were running around and shouting as though a nuclear warhead was
on its way. Lets see if and how the authoritys ask how it is the
nations capital was disrupted for such a small aircraft. Also how is
it that a small plane can get withen 3 miles. Surely a jetliner flying
almost 5 times faster could have made it all the way.

Old May 12th 05, 03:06 PM
Sport Pilot

If I were a terrorist I would squawk a random number.
That way the conrollers would think it was simply an airliner that
didn't get entered in the system.

Old May 12th 05, 03:10 PM
Dylan Smith

In article .com, Sport Pilot wrote:
Even a dirty bomb blown up a thousand feet over the capital, would stop
the government for weeks.

Unlikely; I'm sure the government has a disaster recovery plan. There's
no reason why they couldn't assemble elsewhere. Even fairly small
businesses usually have a disaster recovery plan to allow them to
continue to operate in the case that their main facility is out of
action.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old May 12th 05, 03:15 PM
Jose

Maybe [they squawked VFR] to not call attention to themselves for as long as they can.

To not call attention to themselves, terrorists would get a regular
squawk code, flight following, and all that stuff, as if they were
passing through or going to one of the airports on the other side of the
ring. Then, at the last minute, they turn the transponder off, dive
past redline towards the target, and deliver their message.

Ok, that's still five minutes in a 150, maybe long enough to decide to
tell the President that his ride is waiting.

Jose
Old May 12th 05, 03:16 PM
Dylan Smith

....as for the smallest nuclear fission bomb made by the US, here's a web
page with some nice photographs of the Davy Crockett (and other
information).

http://www.brook.edu/FP/projects/nucwcost/davyc.htm

Old May 12th 05, 03:26 PM
Ron Natalie

Sport Pilot wrote:

Even a dirty bomb blown up a thousand feet over the capital, would stop
the government for weeks.

Actually, it would just displace it. There have been contingencies for
the congress operating outside of the Capitol building (and it's
adjacent office buidlings) since the cold war. A dirty bomb set off
in the places you can still drive a SUV around the capitol would
accomplish the same thing.

No F16's come after me when I drive my monster truck up Capitol Hill.
Old May 12th 05, 04:35 PM

Denny wrote:
The frantic flight yesterday of the
people in the Whitehouse and the Congress only validates the beliefs

of
those who are willing to die for their cause, that we are weak,
godless, and have surrendered the right to exist...

Gimme a break man. From their perspective, all they knew is that there
appeared to be an imminent threat. What possible good would have come
from just standing around in the capitol building waiting to be
possibly obliterated. It's not like they could have fought back.

There are situations where people running away can be called cowardly
and weak, but this ain't one of them. To sit there and wait when
there's not one thing that they could've personally done that would've
helped would have just been stupid.

Old May 12th 05, 04:37 PM
Larry Dighera

On 12 May 2005 07:04:35 -0700, "Sport Pilot" wrote
in .com::

Also how is it that a small plane can get withen 3 miles.

Apparently the ADIZ and Prohibited airspace only keeps the law abiding
out, not the sinister and stupid.

Surely a jetliner flying almost 5 times faster could have made it all the way.

That is a reasonable assumption given the facts in this case.

Old May 12th 05, 07:21 PM
Peter Duniho

"usedtobe" wrote in message
even a c150 can carry a small nuclear bomb

So what? If you can get "a small nuclear bomb" to the airport and load it
in a C150, you could just drive it to your target. Cars stream into DC
every day, but no one panics about those for some reason.