Yak close call

Old December 27th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

Default Yak close call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PvcG4Vmyw

Old December 27th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "gatt" said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PvcG4Vmyw

Yikes.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Once we've got the bugs ironed out, we'll be running on flat bugs
Old December 27th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

gatt wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PvcG4Vmyw

Two observations he

1. He did better than that F-16 pilot that splatted his jet on the
ground
2. Whaddya think would happen if is insurance agent saw that clip?

Old December 27th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

"gatt" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PvcG4Vmyw

Reminds me of a framed photo on the wall of the Lebanon, TN airport.

During an airshow, a fellow doing aerobatics in a black Mig-17 bottomed out
a loop and drug the tailpipe on the ground. The photo shows the Mig at a
very high alpha, with the tailpipe dragging.

Apparently, he was at the very bottom of the loop, because the airplane flew
away from the ground contact, dropped the gear, and landed.

I'm sure the pilot needed a garment change afterwards.

KB

Old December 27th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Leonard Ellis

Wow, if that had been me, I'm not sure I would have been able to unstick
myself from the seat cushion at the end of that flight! The pucker factor
needle must have been on the peg.

Old December 27th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Kingfish wrote:
gatt wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PvcG4Vmyw

Two observations he

1. He did better than that F-16 pilot that splatted his jet on the
ground

The difference wasn't pilot skill, it was how fast he was coming down.
Probably a math error, probably didn't correctly add field elevation to
his top altitude.

2. Whaddya think would happen if is insurance agent saw that clip?

Probably couldn't get insurance.

Old December 27th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Kingfish wrote:

2. Whaddya think would happen if is insurance agent saw that clip?

Nothing. There wasn't a loss.
Old December 27th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Leonard Ellis" wrote in message
. net...
Wow, if that had been me, I'm not sure I would have been able to unstick
myself from the seat cushion at the end of that flight! The pucker factor
needle must have been on the peg.

Yeah. Well, there are links to a Spitfire video and a P-38 clip as well
there in which the outcome wasn't so good. Seemed a little morbid to post
them here, but they're pretty shocking.

-c

Old December 28th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_5_]

Newps wrote:
Kingfish wrote:

2. Whaddya think would happen if is insurance agent saw that clip?

Nothing. There wasn't a loss.

He was awful close to a prop strike - at the very least. Perhaps it was
intentional - note that he did a roll right after the near miss. I
don't think that anyone who had just had an unintentional near miss
could regain his composure so quickly.

Old December 28th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Dave wrote:

Newps wrote:

Kingfish wrote:

2. Whaddya think would happen if is insurance agent saw that clip?

Nothing. There wasn't a loss.

He was awful close to a prop strike - at the very least. Perhaps it was
intentional - note that he did a roll right after the near miss. I
don't think that anyone who had just had an unintentional near miss
could regain his composure so quickly.

Air Force One Had to Intercept Some Inadvertent Flyers / How? Rick Umali Piloting 29 February 15th 06 05:40 AM
Close encounter with a Blackhawk today Michelle P Piloting 8 May 20th 05 02:08 AM
Reamed out by Approach Bob Chilcoat Piloting 26 March 29th 05 12:32 AM
Comming close Tony Owning 17 May 18th 04 06:22 AM
Veteran fighter pilots try to help close training gap Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 2nd 03 11:09 PM