Skysight Seeyou Mobile Oudie interface

Old April 2nd 20, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Skysight Seeyou Mobile Oudie interface

Hi Gents
I've really been trying but I've come up against a wall
Granted I'm a computer idiot, so please be patient and keep that note in mind.

I've got a current Seeyou desktop version running
I've got a current Skysight account running
It looks like to me that you can try and load the days weather both ways, from my laptop to the Oudie and from Skysight to the Oudie.
I have been unsuccessful in doing either.
So a couple of questions:
Can some one walk me through the steps to load the weather for the day on my Oudie,
Please remember I'm a slow learner and this stuff dosen't come naturally to me.

What am I trying to Load to the Oudie? A certain screen thats up on Skysight?
A Certain task Screen thats up on SeeYou?
I've heard of others loading the Skysight convergence lines that are then displayed on the Oudie, and cloud fields.
What can you load on the Oudie from SkysightThat is a advantage?
Thanks in advance
Nick
Old April 2nd 20, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 11:57:02 AM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
[...]

https://help.naviter.com/article/743...d-terrain-maps

Richard
Old April 2nd 20, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Craggy
Been there- done that
Dosen't work
Thanks though

Old April 2nd 20, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We (SkySight) will do a video on the steps of getting weather onto Oudie's and LX9000's as one of the next videos in our series (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._b-s8_fTKlzKJ), but it will basically be the contents of Richard's link plus some usage tips.

It looks like to me that you can try and load the days weather both ways, from my laptop to the Oudie and from Skysight to the Oudie.

No, only from your laptop, with Naviter Updater, onto the Oudie, via the steps in Richard's link (https://help.naviter.com/article/743...d-terrain-maps)

What am I trying to Load to the Oudie? A certain screen thats up on Skysight?

Once you've loaded weather, when you click "Menu" on the Oudie, there'll be a button for Weather. You can then select Wind, Convergence, XC Speed and Wave charts, which supplement the basemap and show you those charts for your current position underneath the glider. Particularly the Convergence & Wave charts can give you a considerable advantage finding these phenomena.

Been there- done that
Dosen't work

You'll need to be more verbose about what exactly is not working for someone to help.
If you structure problem reports in the format below it helps us get on the same page much faster, even better with screenshots or photos.
1) What sequence of actions did you do?
2) What did you expect to happen?
3) What actually happened?

You are welcome to write to us at skysight (at) skysight (dot) io, but we can only provide very basic support as things very quickly cross from our side of the fence to Naviter - we can't see into their user databases or debug their software to find problems, we just supply the weather data. Your agent may have more access, otherwise support (at) naviter (dot) com is the right contact.

Old April 3rd 20, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Using Navatier updater to load Skysight.io weather to an Oudie 2 works well using SeeYou mobile on the Oudie 2.

The Skysight.io weather will display on the Oudie 2 SeeYou map. I typically update it in the morning prior to flying.

Paul at Cumulus Soaring has good knowledge of troubleshooting issues with this. However it was not that difficult to set up.
Old April 3rd 20, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Nick,

I created a training video which shows the process on getting SkySight weather maps into an Oudie. You can rent it for $9.95 or buy it for $19.95 or get access to all my videos for $9.95/month.

Details are available he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/training.htm#Naviter

or
https://www.patreon.com/cumulussoaring - Get access to all 100+ videos for $9.95/month
or
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/soaringproducttraining - Rent or buy a video

Alternatively, we could setup a one-on-one support session with screen sharing so I could view your computer screen. I charge $60/hour for that.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
______________________________________

Old April 3rd 20, 07:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Friday, 3 April 2020 06:18:52 UTC+3, Paul Remde wrote:
[...]

I believe this is not a commercial forum to advertise services.
Old April 3rd 20, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 12:57:02 PM UTC-6, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Hi Skysight Matt

A vid would be great !
Keep in mind that there are some older computer challenged users out there like me!
Yesterday Richard from Craggy Aero walked me through a bunch of steps and I got the weather to Load, so said my Weather Page on my Oudie. But when I checked some boxes on what to show options nothing came up on my Oudie with a GPS lock on it.
This Morning I downloaded the weather again and it said it loaded, but when I opened up my Weather page on my Oudie, nothing there.
So I'm trying to download now though Seeyou desktop, through the Skysight page there.
So we will see.
Anyway a slow moving vid form the start would be great. Keep it real simple please and how to do it it in steps, what to do if it dosent work and what it looks like on a Oudie/ LX Nav screen please.
Thanks in advance, I don't want to be left behind!
Nick
Old April 3rd 20, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 12:57:02 PM UTC-6, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Hi Gents
Holy Sh*t- got it to work

I went into my program manager and deleted my Oudie updater and downloaded a new one.
Restarted my laptop
Plugged in my Oudie and the updater opened and automatically downloaded the weather, and It works!
Whaa hoo
Wheres the tug??
Nick

Old April 5th 20, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well now Nick, if your gonna have in cockpit, real time weather, Im gonna get the OLC to raise your handicap 😂😂😂