Moni Construction Drawings/Templates

Old September 7th 04, 03:48 AM
Steve

Default Moni Construction Drawings/Templates

Greetings,

I am building a Monnet Moni that was purchased partially completed. I
have found a number of components that were poorly fabricated (the "V"
Tail front spar doubler looks like swiss cheese!)and I need to
recreate them. Unfortunately the original builder did not copy the
full size template drawings choosing instead to cut up the originals
and fabricate with them.

I'm wondering if anyone might have a set of the full size template
drawings that accompanied the kit and would be willing to make a set
of copies for me? I'd be happy to cover all the costs of copying,
shipping and time involved.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Steve
San Diego, CA
Old September 7th 04, 04:49 AM
Richard Lamb

Steve wrote:

Greetings,

I am building a Monnet Moni that was purchased partially completed. I
have found a number of components that were poorly fabricated (the "V"
Tail front spar doubler looks like swiss cheese!)and I need to
recreate them. Unfortunately the original builder did not copy the
full size template drawings choosing instead to cut up the originals
and fabricate with them.

I'm wondering if anyone might have a set of the full size template
drawings that accompanied the kit and would be willing to make a set
of copies for me? I'd be happy to cover all the costs of copying,
shipping and time involved.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Steve
San Diego, CA

Sorry Steve, I don't have the patterns yopu need.
Maybe someone will, but in the mean time?

Reverse engineer it?

darhciR
Old September 8th 04, 12:22 AM
Vaughn

Steve, I went to the Moni group to get the url and saw that you are already
there. That is the place with the answers. I am a glider guy, and LOVE the
concept of the Moni, but I have come to the sad conclusion that the type has
some real problems. There are reasons why there aren't that many of them
flying. Make a very good reality check before you proceed further.

Vaughn

Old September 8th 04, 03:19 PM
Steve

Hi Vaughn,

Thanks for the note, I appreciate it. I agree, the Moni can have some
real issues. The folks on the Moni group have been great in that
regard, there's lots of collective experience there, both good and
bad. I'm going into this with eyes wide open so to speak and will
proceed with caution. It will be a straight build, incorporating all
the safety modifications that have been developed - no self
engineering on my part. If at any point the project seems to be going
poorly, that will be the end of it.

I'm pretty anal when it comes to my aviation pursuits and, while I
enjoy building, the last thing I want is to put myself in any danger.
If in the end all I've managed to do is rivet a bunch of aluminum
together that's OK. I'll consider it a warm up for an RV-8! :-)

Thanks again Vaughn

Take care,
Steve