Garmin 396 Reception Improves

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 24th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Garmin 396 Reception Improves

I did have the GA-25 antenna all the while I had intermittent lost sat
reception. Bought a new high-gain replacement on line and did the swap
last weekend. For 2 days prior to the swap, I would lose reception
completely on a S-SE heading. The new antenna shows 10 sats 3/4 way up
or better. Also, the sats are now solid and not "dancing around" as they
were with the stock GA-25. I had done a side by side swap test a couple
of weeks ago and saw pretty dramatic improvement, but could not get the
original to lose it completely until this weekend.

As someone mentioned, there may have been a recognized problem with
these stock units. I need to take a few more flights before declaring
victory.

I'll see if Garmin is game to swapping the original unit out for the GA-26.

Good luck,
Mike

Garmin 430 Reception Jon Kraus Owning 16 November 7th 04 03:17 AM
Garmin 430 Reception Jon Kraus Piloting 16 November 7th 04 03:17 AM
Garmin 430 VOR reception Maik Owning 7 September 30th 04 03:49 PM
Garmin 430 VOR reception Maik Piloting 11 September 30th 04 03:49 PM
Garmin 430 VOR reception Maik Instrument Flight Rules 3 September 30th 04 03:48 PM