2004 Registration

Old December 20th 03, 04:56 AM
Tyler

Oregon

Pilot registration - $8 /yr
Single engine fixed wing $50 /yr

Old December 20th 03, 05:41 AM

Washington State: $65.00 registration fee for single engine airplanes.
Aircraft are not subject to property tax, but you pay a hefty sales or use
tax when you buy or first register the plane, respectively, in the state.

"Active" pilots residing in Washington are subject to an annual $15.00 fee,
which also gets you the state airport guide.

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old December 20th 03, 05:52 AM
BTIZ

Pilot registration???

Is this another case of States trying to take over Federal government?

and does that mean my Federal Pilot certificate is not valid in that state
if I don't pay their registration??

doubt it.. remind me not to move there...

BT

Old December 20th 03, 05:52 AM
BTIZ

BS

And who checks on whether I'm active or not... the local FBO?

BT

Old December 20th 03, 06:28 AM
Greg Burkhart

"PaulaJay1" wrote in message
I just got the bill from the State of Ohio for the registration of my

Archer,
N2185B. Seems they need more money so the bill went from $12 (2003) to

$100
(2004). Can't believe the % increase but it's true. What do other states
charge? Is Ohio now out of line or were we underpaying before?

In Minnesota: $25/year unless antique/classic, then it's only $25 one-time.
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/aero/avof...creg/info.html

Iowa is $35/year for older planes.
http://www.dot.state.ia.us/mvd/ovs/aircraft.htm

Old December 20th 03, 03:48 PM
Nathan Young

"Jerald Malin" wrote in message link.net...
Chuck:

We have no State registration in North Carolina, but City and County
property taxes on our Warrior was $430.21 for 2003.

Jerry Malin
Warrior N82045

Damn! That is ridiculous. Illinois is $20 every other year for the
plane and $10 every other year for the pilot.

I wonder why the significant delta. Perhaps your gas tax is lower
than ours?

-Nathan
Old December 20th 03, 04:51 PM
markjen

Pilot registration???

Is this another case of States trying to take over Federal government?

WA is the same. They "require" you to register as a pilot and use the
revenue (mostly) to fund an airport directory book and a few other things.
I think any legal challenge would find that they have no authority to
require resident pilots to register in the state, but the fee has been low
enough that no one has groused much about it.

- Mark

Old December 20th 03, 08:15 PM
Craig Prouse

"BTIZ" wrote:

Pilot registration???

Is this another case of States trying to take over Federal government?

The fees are used to fund SAR operations, and the state aeronautics
board sends out a nice quarterly newsletter. I'm not even based in
Oregon, but I fly up there a lot so I register and pay the fee just to
receive the newsletter.

and does that mean my Federal Pilot certificate is not valid in that state
if I don't pay their registration??

No. I don't think there is even any requirement to carry proof of
registration.

doubt it.. remind me not to move there...

It would probably be a net win for you actually, since you wouldn't have
to pay NV property tax on your airframe. Oregon is pretty
aviation-friendly relative to most states, except for the weather.
Old December 20th 03, 09:00 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Nathan Young wrote:

I wonder why the significant delta. Perhaps your gas tax is lower
than ours?

The delta is easily explained. North Carolina and Florida are the two most
popular
States to which people from the northeast retire. As a result, they have
significant
and growing segments of the population who have small incomes and use greater
than
average public resources. Most of these people, however, do have lots of
personal
possessions. North Carolina has tackled the problem by levying yearly taxes on
personal property.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."