Outside reference in IMC

Old May 21st 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Default Outside reference in IMC

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

BDS writes:

Here is what the FARs say:

(g) Logging instrument flight time.

(1) A person may log instrument time only for that flight time when
the person operates the aircraft solely by reference to instruments
under actual or simulated instrument flight conditions.

To me this means that technically you cannot log instrument time if
you are using outside references, regardless of the type of flight
plan you are on.

It also means that you cannot log instrument time if you are depending
on physical sensations. That would not be "solely by reference to
instruments."

Hey, fjukktard, we use physical sensation to trim the airplane.

Old May 21st 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Buster Hymen writes:

Saying one had an instructor who
was not afraid to touch a cloud has absolutely nothing to do with machismo
or flaunting FAA regulations, be they VFR, IFR, or any other area.

Yes, it does.

The FAA wants you to keep a certain distance from clouds because under VFR you
are maintaining visual separation, and you cannot see what might be inside
those clouds. If you get to close, and another aircraft comes out of the
cloud, you may not have time to react safely.

What a maroon!

Do you see the irony in this?
Old May 21st 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Buster Hymen writes:

Saying one had an instructor who
was not afraid to touch a cloud has absolutely nothing to do with
machismo or flaunting FAA regulations, be they VFR, IFR, or any other
area.

Yes, it does.

The FAA wants you to keep a certain distance from clouds because under
VFR you are maintaining visual separation, and you cannot see what
might be inside those clouds. If you get to close, and another
aircraft comes out of the cloud, you may not have time to react
safely.

What a maroon!

Do you see the irony in this?

You are soooo ****ing stooopid. You can legally AND safely fly 50' (and
less) from a cloud while VFR. Been there, done that, no big deal.
Something you won't learn on MSFS, you fjukktard.

All your posts are predicated on your total lack of understanding of real
aviation. All you do is regurgitate stuff which in your total lack of
experience you think might be applicable, but in fact is wrong. You don't
understand aviation one whit. You never have and you never will.
Old May 21st 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Buster Hymen writes:

You are soooo ****ing stooopid. You can legally AND safely fly 50' (and
less) from a cloud while VFR. Been there, done that, no big deal.

In Class C, D, E, and G, you must maintain 2000' of lateral clearance from the
clouds under VFR (except under 1200' AGL in Class G), below 10,000' MSL.
Flying only 50' away from a cloud under VFR is illegal under these conditions.

The main reason for this is that there may be other aircraft in the clouds.
Old May 21st 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Flying only 50' away from a cloud under VFR is illegal under these
conditions.

It's also illegal while intoxicated, if you don't have a pilot certficiate,
if you don't have a medical, if you are taking prescription meds, and a host
of other reasons.

That's not what he was referring to either.

Old May 21st 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

In Class C, D, E, and G, you must maintain 2000' of lateral clearance from
the
clouds under VFR (except under 1200' AGL in Class G), below 10,000' MSL.

The above statement is incorrect.

Old May 21st 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Buster Hymen writes:

You are soooo ****ing stooopid. You can legally AND safely fly 50'
(and less) from a cloud while VFR. Been there, done that, no big
deal.

In Class C, D, E, and G, you must maintain 2000' of lateral clearance
from the clouds under VFR (except under 1200' AGL in Class G), below
10,000' MSL. Flying only 50' away from a cloud under VFR is illegal
under these conditions.

The main reason for this is that there may be other aircraft in the
clouds.

As ususal, Anthony, you don't understand. You're just a dip **** who
doesn't understand the real world of aviation. We're not playing MSFS
here.

Try reading what I said. Then try to think. I know that's a major effort
for you and probably causes you much pain, but try.

I said that one can legally and safely fly 50' from a cloud. Only your
incompetent knowledge of aviation causes you to claim otherwise. You are,
as you usually do, proving to the world that you don't know **** from
shinola.

Legally means that no violation of a FAR occurs. Do you understand that?
Its a simple concept. No FAR violation = legal! Got that? Apparently
not, as your response implies violation of the FARS. No violation of the
FARs occured. I wrote nothing of the sort, you moron. All you did was
regurgitate the rules for VFR flight in class C, D, E, and G airspace
without the slightest understanding of what you were reading. In fact, you
managed to inroduce a subtle error in your regurgitation.

You don't begin to understand. You never have and never will. When it
comes to aviation, you're a total failure, just as you've been in all the
other endeavors in your life. Abject failure describes you to a T.

I'll say it again. Under VFR flight rules, there is a way you can legally
and safely fly 50' from a cloud (above, below, or laterally). You, Anthony,
obviously don't know how. But you won't admit that you don't and,
instead, demonstrating that you don't know **** from shinola, incompetently
conclude it can't be done. Wrong again, fjukktard. Wrong again.

Old May 21st 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

"Tina" wrote in message

One could legally be operating in VMC under IFR or IMC under VFR.

I think you are only half right. You can surely operate IFR in VMC --
and there are places where that's actually required, but if you are in
IMC, which is defined as in conditions below VFR minima, you had best
be flying IFR.

Or outside of controlled airspace.

Al G

Old May 21st 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Statement is still true, isn't it? VFR minima are different in
uncontrolled airspace, and since IMC is pretty much defined as weather
conditions in which VFR may not be flown, yada yada yada. Or maybe
I'm missing something too.

I will confess I can't remember when we were last in uncontrolled
airspace!