Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Old August 20th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

wrote in message
news
Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
It's instruction 101 for the instructor to
evaluate and ascertain the personality of the student as the student's
personality will interface with their flying. If this is done
correctly, the student's "personality" is molded and/or changed as
necessary to develop into what is needed to have the student do
exactly as you have said they need to do after leaving the instructor;
continuing the learning process. That process exists for the "pilot"
all through their careers in aviation.
On the other hand, if the instructor fails to instill whatever
"personality" change is needed during the time of exposure with the
student, the student will become the "driver" we are discussing.

Hey - how did this on-topic subthread get in this thread!? I demand a
refund!

Anyway, you are probably correct, but I'm always a little suspicious of
anything that suggests changing of "personality". Sounds like a mistake
some people make when they get married. ;-)

I have to agree "personality" is a **** poor choice of words.

"Attitude towards learning" is the shortest I can think of that might
be more appropriate.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Dudley is going to be spewing a lot of bull**** now. He's obviously only
here to make noise.

Old August 20th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

major bull**** snip -

Nonsense. You have obviously returned only to add more noise and confusion
than your cohort Bertie.

Old August 20th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rocky Stevens

On Aug 19, 10:29 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:
Then Usenet is your best bet. Many people find it difficult to have
their input moderated. You are simply expressing a preference to which
you are entitled.

Most people tolerate moderation very poorly, but they love to see other people
with whom they disagree being silenced. Many people will choose a venue in
which they know that the allowed opinions match their own; that way anyone who
disagrees with them will be "moderated," and those who agree with them will be
left unmolested.

The problem is that many discussion venues stagnate, since nobody is willing
to discuss anything on which there might be a difference of opinion. The only
things people will discuss are the things about which they all agree already.
It gets pretty boring after a while.

I do not actually disagree with people on this NG any more than I do
with people on the AOPA forum (though being new to aviation, I do not
have many strong opinions yet). What I get from the moderated groups
is a much higher signal to noise ratio, as overly personal attacks are
avoided. I think that because people know they will be blocked if they
post some asinine attack, it forces them to put some actual content
into their posts.
Old August 20th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:1jUqk.539
:

wrote in message
news
Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
[...]

How dare he! Doesn't he know that's your job?

Bertie
Old August 20th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

major bull**** snip -

Nonsense. You have obviously returned only to add more noise and
confusion than your cohort Bertie.

Like anyone could take your place.

Bertie
Old August 20th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Most people tolerate moderation very poorly, but they love to see other
people
with whom they disagree being silenced. Many people will choose a venue
in
which they know that the allowed opinions match their own; that way anyone
who
disagrees with them will be "moderated," and those who agree with them
will be
left unmolested.

What's truly ironic, Anthony, is that I have never read anything you've
posted that would result in you being censored on Pilots of America. You
may not know what you're talking about, but ignorance is not an offense on
PofA. As long as conversation is kept in a civil tongue anyone can post
there, unimpeded.

On the flipside, many of the people who blast you to kingdom-come every day
would be instantly removed from PofA for their rudeness and personal
attacks. If anyone would benefit from a moderated group, it would be you.

Yet, you stay here. I can only conclude that you enjoy abuse...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 20th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Yet, you stay here. I can only conclude that you enjoy abuse...

Nah, that's not it. I conclude he enjoys the affect he has on some people
and what it drives them to do and say.

Old August 20th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Yet, you stay here. I can only conclude that you enjoy abuse...

Nah, that's not it. I conclude he enjoys the affect he has on some people
and what it drives them to do and say.

Hmmm....good point. I must confess, it *is* kind of funny/pathetic to watch
how effortlessly he can jerk around pilots who are otherwise (apparently)
logical, even-tempered folks...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 20th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

"Tim" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote

Yet, you stay here. I can only conclude that you enjoy abuse...

Nah, that's not it. I conclude he enjoys the affect he has on some people
and what it drives them to do and say.

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

Looks like we have a winner!

Anthony is NOT here to talk aviation.

Back in high school, when we wanted to bed Mary Jane Rottencrotch, we didn't
just walk up and say hey, wanna screw?

Neither does Mx. It that respect, he does prove himself much smarter than
many of the "pilots" here, everyday. Are you listening Dudley?