Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Old August 21st 08, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

yod-yog+ais writes:

Per Dr. Larry Cahill of the University of California at Irvine, "We have
been assuming that the ways in which emotions are organized in the
brain are essentially similar in men and women," but they aren't. Parts
of the limbic cortex, which is involved in emotional responses, are
smaller in men than in women.

Women use the left part of the amygdala — the part of the brain that
creates emotional reactions to events — to put memories in order by
emotional strength, meaning that something emotionally important to them
(like a great first date a couple of months ago) will be ordered in
front of what they ate for breakfast yesterday. Men, however, use the
right part of the amygdala to put memories in order. Traditionally, the
right hemisphere of the brain is associated with the central action of
an event, while the left hemisphere is associated with finer details.

Dr. Cahill is freely speculating.
Old August 21st 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

yod-yog+ais wrote:
On 8/20/2008 4:17 PM Mxsmanic ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

writes:

An obvious lie if you are using the dictionary definition of
"emotional".

It's not a lie, I'm afraid.

Yes, it is.

Men are more quick-tempered and have stronger
emotions in almost every situation, thanks to those male hormones.

Utterly fatuous and wrong. The above quoted statement is result of
extraordinarly poor thinking and even worse research, a common trait
among the very stupid.

[...]

Male brains produce 52 percent more serotonin (the chemical that
influences mood) than female brains, according to a study done at McGill
University. And studies show that fewer men than women suffer from
depression. Guys may also have an easier time rolling with life's big
stresses.

Unless I miss my guess, you have just been indoctrinated into the
Mxsmanic way of doing things :-)
It works this way.
He loves to engage people with expertise in a specific area. Doesn't
matter what area, the requisite is simply expertise.
He will then take the 200 word post supplied by that person and answer
it with a one liner designed to demonstrate that he can nullify the
entire comment with a minimum of thought. This is supposed to display
the vast difference between the two intellects; his and the poster's.
It's interesting to watch.
His other modus operandi is to find people with obvious expertise and
experience in an area and directly confront them using statements rather
then questions. Another unique Anthony trait.
Also quite interesting to watch.
Some ignore Anthony. The rest engage him in different ways. Some, like
me, have evolved into taking his posts one at a time. I engage as long
as it remains respectful as he has the same rights to post here as
anyone else.
The rest hate his guts and make it known to him with every unrelated
answer to his comments that they make.
That also can be interesting to watch.
It's become entertainment for me actually.
If Anthony was an Indian, one could with some degree of truth, say he
counts many coup here, which of course is part of the gambit as well :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 21st 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Fillard Millmore

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

[...]

That's because you are stroking him, and stimulating his derogatory input,
in an attempt dilute group to POA.

Old August 21st 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_1_]

"Fillard Millmore" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote

That's because you are stroking him, and stimulating his derogatory input,
in an attempt dilute group to POA.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!! How can you possibly dilute this group beyond where it
currently is?

People are not leaving because of Mx, they are leaving because of the
immature, childish, and endless back-and-forth that takes place between him
and a dozen or so nitwits here.

If Mx left the same nitwits would find a new "cause".

Old August 21st 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Fillard Millmore wrote:
[...]

Actually, if you and the other nitwits posting all this nonsense about
my pushing POA bothered to actually check POA, you will find that there
are exactly 5 postings for me on POA.
Google reveals as of today 68,200 postings for me....all on Usenet, most
on THIS forum.
Where's your logic?

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 21st 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:

Dr. Cahill is freely speculating.

I would imagine Dr. Cahill is basing his statements on training, observation,
and study while Mr. mxsmanic is just pulling stuff out of his ass to
justify his pathetic existence.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old August 21st 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Abbott writes:

Not from a mental health stand point.

Organizations can be fixated on safety, and mental health is not an
issue for organizations.

Joined a club, have you?

Bertie
Old August 21st 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

From: Jim Logajan
Mxsmanic wrote:
A tremendous number of moderated discussion forums have long lists
of unofficially favored and disfavored members.

An assertion made with no basis in fact. Please name examples.

For once, I think he has a valid point.

I recently gave up on a forum that claimed 30k members.
- From what I saw, the 30k consisted of 29,980 who signed up and
quickly left...............and 20 douchebags who are there every
minute of every day.

To be clear: I agree there are moderated discussion forums where the
moderators have lists of unofficial favored and disfavored members. I just
don't think there are "tremondous" numbers of such groups. I don't think
people who have made themselves "regulars" exist on some unofficial list
kept by the moderators and that somehow makes them "regulars".

I mean look at all the "regulars" on r.a.p for example. And look at how
people appear to fall into groups that are favored, unfavored, and neither.
I don't see any correlation of that social affect vis-a-vis moderated
versus unmoderated. Furthermore, on web forums most of the moderation is
set up so it tends to occur after-the-fact. The moderators are more like
cops in the donut shop who only lumber into action if forced to. ;-)
Old August 22nd 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Logajan writes:

To be clear: I agree there are moderated discussion forums where the
moderators have lists of unofficial favored and disfavored members. I just
don't think there are "tremondous" numbers of such groups. I don't think
people who have made themselves "regulars" exist on some unofficial list
kept by the moderators and that somehow makes them "regulars".

Every moderated forum I can recall has had a ban list.

The moderators are more like
cops in the donut shop who only lumber into action if forced to.

You probably haven't seen very many moderators. Most are overbearing control
freaks when they encounter anyone with whom they disagree. Most people are
not suited to this type of job.