We Are All Spaniards

Old March 14th 04, 12:09 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"S Green" wrote in message

After all were not the founding fathers terrorists seeking to overthrow

the
legitimate government?

Seeking to overthrow the legitimate government? Yes. Terrorists? No.

Old March 14th 04, 02:10 PM
Judah

I bet the British at the time would have disagreed with you. I am certain
they believed the American rebels / freedom fighters were terrorists.

Just as they believed that the Israeli freedom fighters were terrorists
in 1948.

Just as the they believe the IRA are terrorists...

Basically, when history finds a band of rebels or oppressed people who
fought their way to freedom, they war is called a War of Independence.

When they were suppressed, the war is called a rebellion, an uprising, or
a failed coup-de-tat...

The biggest difference that I can see is that the war for American
Independence took place in America. The war for Israeli independence took
place in Israel. The war for Irish independence takes place in Ireland.
The war for Indian independence took place in India.

The modern-day Arab terrorists hide in the corners of Islamic nations
like Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan and attack countries like
Israel, America, and Spain.

Perhaps the agenda of modern-day terrorists is not as clear as the agenda
of the Independence fighters who fought for independence and control of
their own countries...

Or, worse yet, perhaps the AGENDA is pretty clear, but the coutries they
are fighting for control of are not...

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

Old March 14th 04, 02:53 PM
C J Campbell

"Judah" wrote in message

Perhaps the agenda of modern-day terrorists is not as clear as the agenda
of the Independence fighters who fought for independence and control of
their own countries...

Or, worse yet, perhaps the AGENDA is pretty clear, but the coutries they
are fighting for control of are not...

It has always struck me as the ultimate in obnoxiousness to claim that
fighting for democracy and the rule of law is somehow morally equivalent to
deliberately attacking non-combatants in an attempt to impose totalitarian
rule.

Old March 14th 04, 08:02 PM
Judah

I wasn't talking about morals. I was talking about reality and history. If
the Arab nations who sponsor these terrorists succeed in their plans, their
own history books will write it off as the Great War for Islamic
Independence during which their freedom fighters performed attack after
attack until the Imperialist Oppressors were finally conquered.

If we sit back and wait for it to happen, we will be written off in history
as the once great, but now fallen American Imperialist Empire.

"C J Campbell" wrote in
:

Old March 14th 04, 08:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Judah" wrote in message

I wasn't talking about morals. I was talking about reality and history. If
the Arab nations who sponsor these terrorists succeed in their plans,

their
own history books will write it off as the Great War for Islamic
Independence during which their freedom fighters performed attack after
attack until the Imperialist Oppressors were finally conquered.

Where is Islam being opressed by a western nation?

Old March 14th 04, 09:38 PM
Judah

In the eyes of Radical Islamists? Are you kidding?

Israel - it exists
UK - it gave the land to Israel
America - it supported Israel
Spain - it supported America

and the list goes on. Remember - the history books I am talking about were
(or will have been) written in the new Arabic Empire...

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

Old March 14th 04, 10:26 PM
S Green

"Judah" wrote in message
In the eyes of Radical Islamists? Are you kidding?

Israel - it exists
UK - it gave the land to Israel
America - it supported Israel
Spain - it supported America

The Uk gave the land to Israel following a war with Jewish terrorists.
People like Golda Meyer, Begin were all terrorists(freedomfighters).

Old March 15th 04, 03:35 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Judah" wrote in message

In the eyes of Radical Islamists?

In reality.

Old March 20th 04, 02:58 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Judah wrote in message . ..

In the eyes of Radical Islamists? Are you kidding?

Israel - it exists
UK - it gave the land to Israel

How much land did the UK give to the Arabs?
Old March 14th 04, 10:14 PM
S Green

"Judah" wrote in message
I wasn't talking about morals. I was talking about reality and history. If
the Arab nations who sponsor these terrorists succeed in their plans,

their
own history books will write it off as the Great War for Islamic
Independence during which their freedom fighters performed attack after
attack until the Imperialist Oppressors were finally conquered.

If we sit back and wait for it to happen, we will be written off in

history
as the once great, but now fallen American Imperialist Empire.

And if we win we will be the bringers of light and freedom to the world.
The winner always writes the history so what