Cobra trailer parts

Old September 2nd 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra trailer parts

I am looking for used draw bar (the tong) and all the parts that go
inside of the Cobra trailer. Does anyone here in the US have a
damaged, ruined, not road worthy trailer and is willing to sell those
parts to me?

Thanks,

Jacek,
Pasco, WA
509-380-4106
Old September 2nd 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Not to hijack your thread Jacek, but I was just about to post
regarding my Cobra trailer... The fuselage-ramp scissor-jacks just
failed (stripped thread, then the bearing failed under the resulting
load). I've seen some older postings about these jacks but does
anyone have an up-to-date source for small scissor jacks that would
fit? Most retail-store jacks are too big, and I'm willing to bet that
if I go direct to Cobra or one of the glider mfgrs/dealers that it'll
cost me a bundle.

Thanks,

--Noel

Old September 2nd 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Sep 2, 10:13*am, "noel.wade" wrote:
Not to hijack your thread Jacek, but I was just about to post
regarding my Cobra trailer... *The fuselage-ramp scissor-jacks just
failed (stripped thread, then the bearing failed under the resulting
load). *I've seen some older postings about these jacks but does
anyone have an up-to-date source for small scissor jacks that would
fit? *Most retail-store jacks are too big, and I'm willing to bet that
if I go direct to Cobra or one of the glider mfgrs/dealers that it'll
cost me a bundle.

Thanks,

--Noel

I believe Rex and Noelle Mays at Williams Soaring Center have a pretty
full stock of Cobra trailer parts. You might try them first.

Thanks,
Craig Funston

Old September 2nd 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum[_2_]

Last time I measured--a while ago, the smallest floor jack (on wheels) from
NAPA auto parts would have fit but for machining one bushing. Simple job but
I didn't have a lathe then,.

I was going to take it back for a refund, but I decided to keep the jack. It
was about the same price as the replacement part anyway. I would have saved
a few bucks, and the shipping.

--
Hartley Falbaum

Old September 2nd 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty[_4_]

For the older cobra's with the hand crank Screw I used two of these and
some minor welding of the together worked for me:

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-1-2-h...ourc e=nextag

Although the ones I found years ago were a lot cheaper IIRC $9.99 ea from
a tool place in the NW US but can't seem to find them now.

CH

Old September 2nd 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum[_2_]

Ooops!
pardon me--I didn't read "screw jack" and assumed hydraulic.
Sorry
--
Hartley Falbaum

m...

Old September 3rd 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SP

On Sep 2, 10:13*am, "noel.wade" wrote:
Not to hijack your thread Jacek, but I was just about to post
regarding my Cobra trailer... *The fuselage-ramp scissor-jacks just
failed (stripped thread, then the bearing failed under the resulting
load). *I've seen some older postings about these jacks but does
anyone have an up-to-date source for small scissor jacks that would
fit? *Most retail-store jacks are too big, and I'm willing to bet that
if I go direct to Cobra or one of the glider mfgrs/dealers that it'll
cost me a bundle.

Thanks,

--Noel

I just replaced the failed scissor jacks on my Komet trailer with a
motorcycle scissor lift I found at T-Motorsports. The lift has a wide
stable platform and just fit between the fuse dolly rails. I attached
the lift to the rails with a heavy piano hinge I got from McMaster
Carr. The jack capacity is 1,000 lbs and it is a bit heavier than the
original jack set up but it works great. Try this link to see the
lift:

http://www.t-motorsports.com/product...-mlift-mh8054/

Good luck,
Steve
Old September 4th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SP

On Sep 3, 6:27*am, SP wrote:
[...]

http://www.t-motorsports.com/product...lift-scissor-j...

Good luck,
Steve

A couple of notes on the motorcycle lift:

The base plate has two brackets on it that I cut off.

The jack gets very low but it's just low enough for my LS-3a.

SP

COBRA TRAILER Gordon Schubert[_2_] Soaring 0 February 10th 09 04:15 AM
WTB: Cobra Trailer for LS-4 [email protected] Soaring 0 July 31st 08 05:04 PM
Cobra Trailer [email protected] Soaring 22 December 7th 06 11:38 PM
Cobra Trailer Soaring 1 September 28th 03 01:14 PM
FS: Cobra Trailer Ed Byars Soaring 0 September 22nd 03 04:47 PM