Lightspeed Update

Old January 15th 04, 01:58 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Lightspeed Update

With all the ups and downs on this newsgroup regarding LightSpeed headsets,
the question arose about their financial situation. In short, someone
wondered how they could afford to continually fix their faulty early product
line and remain financially viable.

This from today's AvWeb:

LIGHTSPEED ON THE MOVE With LightSPEED's continued success and growth, they
are moving to a larger facility in Portland, Oregon. The move should have
minimal impact on their pilot customers. LightSPEED apologizes for any
inconvenience during this move and appreciates their customers' patience.
Should your travels bring you to the Portland area, please stop by for a
visit. For LightSPEED models and ordering information, go to
http://www.avweb.com/sponsors/litspeed.

Looks like they're doing okay, despite some quality control issues.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 15th 04, 05:44 PM
Blanche

I just got a pair of 20-3G and the left side is "popping", doesn't
matter which aircraft. I spoke with Lightspeed on Tuesday and they
offered Step 1 to determine what the problem is -- the 20-3G have
the firmer ear seals. Since I wear glasses, they suggested using
the softer seals from my 15K. If that solves the problem, they'll
send me a new pair of softer seals for the 20-3G. If that doesn't
solve the problem, then call them for the RMA number to return
them.

Old January 15th 04, 10:11 PM
Newps

Any ANR headset has to have a tight seal around your ear or the ANR
circuitry can't work right. The thicker your glasses frame the more
likely it will be that you'll have a problem.

Old January 15th 04, 10:17 PM
MRQB

Or it could be like a restaurant "closed for remolding" or "we are moving"
and never open the doors again.

Old January 16th 04, 12:48 AM
Newps

Yes, if the molding goes you are in heap big trouble.

Old January 16th 04, 02:12 AM
Jay Honeck

Any ANR headset has to have a tight seal around your ear or the ANR
circuitry can't work right. The thicker your glasses frame the more
likely it will be that you'll have a problem.

The softer ear seal will do the trick.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA