Diana 2 has flown its maiden flight!

Old January 12th 05, 04:41 PM
Janusz Kesik

Default Diana 2 has flown its maiden flight!

The Diana 2, a new high-end 15m class ship designed by mr Bogumil Beres, has
flown its maiden flight, guided by the hand of a test pilot mr Mariusz
Stajewski. Today's test flights totalled at four flights and have been
considered very succesful.

Any enquiries about the details could be asked using the contacts given on
the Beres Design Bureau website:

http://www.beres.com.pl

With kindest regards,

--
Janusz Kesik
Poland

Old January 13th 05, 07:51 AM
batched

http://www.gorpol.pl/lotnictwo/diana/2/diana2.html

--
BlueS.batched
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''
Old January 13th 05, 08:05 AM
Janusz Kesik

BEAUTIFUL!!! It's a must see!

JK

Użytkownik "batched" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

Old January 13th 05, 11:21 AM
Andrew Henderson

Looks Ok, but the tail fin/rudder is hardly beautiful.
Too square/tall.

Andy

Old January 13th 05, 02:00 PM
cernauta

"Janusz Kesik" wrote:

Any enquiries about the details could be asked using the contacts given on
the Beres Design Bureau website:

Very nice pictures, and a nice glider.
What about certification? will it get JAR certificate?
Can someone translate the most sognificative parts of the polish text?

thank you very much

Aldo Cernezzi

Old January 13th 05, 02:00 PM
Charles Yeates

PICKY PICKY

Andrew Henderson wrote:
Looks Ok, but the tail fin/rudder is hardly beautiful.
Too square/tall.

Andy

At 09:00 13 January 2005, Janusz Kesik wrote:

BEAUTIFUL!!! It's a must see!

JK

Użytkownik 'batched' napisał w wiadomo¶ci

http://www.gorpol.pl/lotnictwo/diana/2/diana2.html

--
BlueS.batched
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''
GG2953330

--
Charles Yeates

Swidnik PW-6U & PW-5
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/yeatesc/world.html

Old January 13th 05, 02:17 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"Andrew Henderson" k wrote
in message ...
Looks Ok, but the tail fin/rudder is hardly beautiful.
Too square/tall.

Andy

If it performs as expected you may not have to watch it long;^)

Old January 13th 05, 02:41 PM
Bob

That is one elegant glider.... I hope it flies as well as it looks.

Bob

Old January 13th 05, 03:01 PM
--=JJay=--

cernauta napisał(a):
"Janusz Kesik" wrote:

Any enquiries about the details could be asked using the contacts given on
the Beres Design Bureau website:

Very nice pictures, and a nice glider.
What about certification? will it get JAR certificate?
Can someone translate the most sognificative parts of the polish text?

Hi

My inglish isn't too good but i'll try to translate part of this text,
the impressions of test pilot Mariusz Stajewski after few first flights.

It is said that if the flying machine looks good it flies good, and this
glider looks great and flies even better.
Diana-2 was towed by Wilga, after less than 100m the glider was in the
air. The flaps was set to +5, visibility to the front is very good (in
Diana "1" it was needed to set the flaps to maximum + position in order
to see at least tips of tow plane wings). The forces on stick are
minimal. After landing gear beeing retracted and ventilation closed it
was very quietly inside the cockpit. Looking to the front the visibility
is just great, when you look to the side you can see very rare view the
inclined leading edge of the wing, winglet on the tip and almost 7
meter long flapperon made as a one component. The wing finished like mirror.
During the tow glider makes no problem to the pilot, after the release
(about 2400m agl) beggins the fun of free flight with this "ferrari"
among gliders. Tge altitude desrease very slowly, and the terrain runs
rapidly to the back. You feel like racing. With flaps set to the max
position (+28) glider lowers nose but it is no problem to maintain full
control with speed of about 60 km/h. While setting flaps to -2 position
glider accelarates like it has engine, and you can hardly feel
significant height loss during this menoeuvre. Accelerating is fast and
with flat path. Flapperons makes chcnaging of circiling direction very
fast, not more than 3 seconds. Full flap landing can be done with very
steep flight path and there is almost no need to use air brakes to
reduce speed. Diana-2 has very good wheel brake.

Flying this glider is a pure pleasure.

I can't wait till it will be possible to test Diana-2 during thermal
flight on XC with water (240 liters!), in tight thermals and with high
cloud base.

test pilot Mariusz Stajewski

From what was said on our polish news gropus it is almost certain that
Janusz Centka will fly Diana-2 during European Championships in Rayskala
July 2005 and earlier in May during Polish Open Class Nationals in Leszno

regards
PS please don't laugh of my english, I'm sure that ia made a lot of errors
--
--=JJay=--
www.aeroklub.deblin.pl, moje zdjęcia na airfoto.pl - http://tiny.pl/pkv
Old January 13th 05, 03:13 PM
Nick Olson

There was some rumours of an 18m version and a 22m
Open Class version - any news on these?
The 15m racing class will probably be a dead duck
in 5 years time. (at least in Europe)