Peeing in a condom catheter with a leg bag, David Sedaris has a humorous take on it.

Old January 2nd 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default Peeing in a condom catheter with a leg bag.

Try:

http://www.darrylramm.com/glider-pee-tubes/
Old January 2nd 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Marsh

Thanks alot Chris, Happy New Year, Hope you have some great flying this
year
John

At 11:30 02 January 2009, John Marsh wrote:

Morning Bill
I,ve read about them heard stories about them but

where
do you get them from ?? My local chemist say,s i need a

perscription!!!!
Thats as may be, but not for going for a pee not yet anyway.
John

Old January 2nd 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Goddard

Hello John,

Here in the states, condom catheters are available at most medical
supply stores (the ones that sell various crutches, canes, incontinency
products, etc.). They are also available here at some drug stores and
of course, online.

Most pilots here rig up some sort of tubing to the glider so that it
exits outside. So you simply hook up to the existing plumbing with a
quick disconnect and you are ready to go...

Larry Goddard
"01" Zero One

:

Old January 2nd 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 2, 4:30*am, John Marsh
wrote:
Morning Bill
* * * * * * * * I,ve read about them *heard stories about them but where
do you get them from ?? My local chemist say,s i need a perscription!!!!
Thats as may be, but not for going for a pee not yet anyway.
*John

In US they are available mail order from pharmaceutical suppliers.
Much cheaper to buy in bulk than individually. I have used
sportaid.com. I would expect they ship overseas if you don't find a
supplier in UK.

Andy
Old January 2nd 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Western

At 17:06 02 January 2009, Andy wrote:
On Jan 2, 4:30=A0am, John Marsh
wrote:
Morning Bill
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I,ve read about them =A0heard stories

abo=
ut them but where
do you get them from ?? My local chemist say,s i need a

perscription!!!!
Thats as may be, but not for going for a pee not yet anyway.
=A0John

In US they are available mail order from pharmaceutical suppliers.
Much cheaper to buy in bulk than individually. I have used
sportaid.com. I would expect they ship overseas if you don't find a
supplier in UK.

Andy
Hi these are available to buy in the uk without a prescription - I havent

got the prices to hand but any pharmacy can supply though they may have to
order for you. (should be next day ) Bags are also available in various
sizes and long/short tube lengths. You may have to specify a size for best
fit! they usually come in boxes of 30 but if they have regular customers
may split a box.
Kevin
Old January 3rd 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Big Wings

Rochester Medical in UK supply mail order.
http://www.rochestermedical.co.uk/clear_advantage.htm
Freephone 0800 0121 699

I use their catheters but prefer the 32 oz bags from Oxford Aero un the
US.
http://www.oxaero.com/

Old January 3rd 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Haley

At 00:15 03 January 2009, Big Wings wrote:
Rochester Medical in UK supply mail order.
http://www.rochestermedical.co.uk/clear_advantage.htm
Freephone 0800 0121 699

I use their catheters but prefer the 32 oz bags from Oxford Aero un the
US.
http://www.oxaero.com/

You can get samples from http://www.charter-healthcare.co.uk/
if you want to try before you buy. They have a huuge range of styles
more details on their main website http://www.coloplast.co.uk/

One word of warning based on personal experience - always keep an eye on
external air temps if using the tube overboard method

rgds
Stephen

Old January 3rd 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Jan 2, 8:00*pm, Stephen Haley wrote:

One word of warning based on personal experience - always keep an eye on
external air temps if using the tube overboard method

rgds
Stephen

Which is why some of us who fly in colder climates here in the
northeastern US have a T fitting in the line where the condom is
attached. A second length of tubing is attached to the T and is long
enough to reach your mouth, so that you can blow the line clear as
soon as you are finished peeing. I know, I know...

P3
Old January 3rd 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_4_]

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 01:00:05 +0000, Stephen Haley wrote:

You can get samples from http://www.charter-healthcare.co.uk/ if you
want to try before you buy. They have a huuge range of styles more
details on their main website http://www.coloplast.co.uk/

Does anybody in the UK supply the Colder connectors that Darryl mentions
on his blog page?

Darryl: it looks like Colder have rearranged their site. Your reference
now points to an 'our page has moved' page and I can't now tell which
connector model you recommended. Did you mean the PLC series PLCD1704
body and PLCD2204 hose barb? Those are '1/4" flow' units.

One point I don't understand: do I need both units valved or just the
pilot side? The comment about the glider side whistling would tend to
indicate that there is no valve on that side.

Stephen: both the sites you mention are inaccessible at present (03 Jan,
13:42), but both are pingable, so I suppose they'll reappear in a day or
two. BTW, 'host' shows that they share an IP.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old January 3rd 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Martin,

I have the Colder CPC fittings on my web site. I also give some advice on
which ones to use. Shipping to the U.K. for those very lightweight items is
inexpensive if you use USPS 1st Class International Airmail - around $5.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/cpc.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
[...]

Sedaris on soaring (accidentally) [email protected] Soaring 0 March 10th 08 03:14 AM
Support David Hicks in his hardest last few days , join David HicksFan Club kangarooistan Owning 4 December 27th 07 12:48 AM
Catheter question 303SAM Soaring 18 May 15th 06 08:10 AM
HUMOROUS ANECDOTES [email protected] Soaring 16 October 21st 05 11:59 PM
Humorous Naval Air Flight Experiences W. D. Allen Sr. Naval Aviation 55 February 8th 05 02:42 PM