Want to purchase PA34-200 Seneca

Old July 7th 04, 01:51 PM
Steve Robertson

I got my MEL in a Seneca I and flew factoy Seneca IIIs (virtually the same as a
Seneca II) back when I worked at Piper in FL. There is a *BIG* difference
between a I and the later models. The Seneca I has simpler, more reliable
engines than later models, but it is severely underpowered. Single engine rate
of climb and ceiling is just plain bad in the I. It gets better with the II and
later with their somewhat more powerful turbocharged engines. But with turbos,
you have more maintenance issues. In any case, none of these planes can carry 7
plus bags plus a useful amount of fuel. For those sorts of loads, you need a
Navajo or equivilent Cessna/Beech/Aerocommander/etc. We're talking big money
here. Sorry to give you the bad news.

Best regards,

Steve Robertson
N4732J 1967 Beech A23-24 Musketeer Super III

Grasshopper wrote:

Has anyone owned or flown a Seneca I or Seneca II? If so, please share
thoughts on the aircraft. I want to purchase an aircraft with optional 7th
passenger seating so I can take my whole family places.

--
____________________________
Ah, Young Grasshopper.

Old July 7th 04, 05:09 PM
Kyler Laird

Steve Robertson writes:

In any case, none of these planes can carry 7
plus bags plus a useful amount of fuel. For those sorts of loads, you need a
Navajo or equivilent Cessna/Beech/Aerocommander/etc.

Or...
http://www.aerocompinc.com/NEW/index-air.htm
Those will reach places I wouldn't even take my Aztec.

We're talking big money here.

Take a look at the bottom of the page ("Used Aircraft"). Still seems like a
lot to me.

--kyler