Oudie (SYM) wind

Old May 2nd 14, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default Oudie (SYM) wind

5.15
http://forum.naviter.com/threads/510...rior-to-flight
Old May 4th 14, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

I upgraded to 5.12 which apparently has LOTS of serious problems. I attempted to upgrade to 5.15 but Windows said the installer was "not a valid 32 bit application". Now I just want to downgrade to a stable release. Any ideas?
Old May 4th 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

BTW, 5.15 is so raw, they are not even calling it Beta. There is a serious bug in it that reboots the program in flight.
Old May 4th 14, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 4:40:48 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I upgraded to 5.12 which apparently has LOTS of serious problems. I attempted to upgrade to 5.15 but Windows said the installer was "not a valid 32 bit application". Now I just want to downgrade to a stable release. Any ideas?

Matt

Copy the UpdateOudie.exe to the top level of the oudie.

Turn it off and back on click the box that comes up on the oudie to update to 5.15.003

I flew with 5.15.0003 PNA today with no problems

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old May 4th 14, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:40:48 AM UTC+10, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I upgraded to 5.12 which apparently has LOTS of serious problems. I attempted to upgrade to 5.15 but Windows said the installer was "not a valid 32 bit application". Now I just want to downgrade to a stable release. Any ideas?

That's because you are trying to install the program onto your PC, not the Oudie. Copy the updater file to the top level directory of your Oudie then restart it.
The instructions for doing this are on the web site.
Old May 4th 14, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Will someone post when they've got an good version out? So the rest of us will be brave enough to click "update"?
Old May 4th 14, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Do not upgrade to 5.15.003. It's still full of bugs:

- QNH setting changes by itself
- Flight is restarted during flight
- No manual wind input
- ...

If you have 4.XX do nothing.
Old May 4th 14, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Thanks for the advice on installing 5.15. I wrongly assumed that it worked like the updater, running on the PC, but installing on the connected Oudie.

Matt

Bob

Old May 4th 14, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Is there any approved way to downgrade to the last stable release?
Old May 5th 14, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Sunday, 4 May 2014 17:19:19 UTC+1, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Is there any approved way to downgrade to the last stable release?

What was the last stable release? I have 5.10 and I think it is OK, but I am only using it as a backup (to an LX9000) so I am not certain.

This saga certainly encourages you not to be in a hurry to update! And also to keep copies of each version you install on your PC (don't know how that works if you use the updater). Incidentally, I have not yet updated my LX9000 to v 4, which is currently on 4.04!

Oudie IGC Dave Springford Soaring 4 November 12th 13 08:52 PM
Oudie Peter von Tresckow Soaring 2 December 18th 11 01:31 PM
Vector Wind, Relative Wind calculation C 302/303 [email protected] Soaring 2 December 9th 08 07:23 PM
Wind tunnel, Germany WWII (or close) - wind-tunnel-test.jpg (1/1) JR[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 13th 08 09:36 PM
Wind tunnel, Germany WWII (or close) - wind-tunnel-test.jpg (0/1) JR[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 13th 08 09:35 PM