ABC sticks it to GA security...

Old March 15th 05, 05:55 PM
cpu

Guys,

After read the other thread of discussions, I totally agree with the
following:

Bush has to capture the O'sama and the rest of those evil guys.
That's the only way to stop the non-sense fear and spendings.
Semilarly, if we capture those computer hackers, we don't have to worry
to buy an virus protection software.

And, to identify those terrorist evils is MUCH EASIER than to identify
computer hackers. Terrorists have the same believes, same kind of
evil goals and from certain area in the world. But computer hackers do
not, they may be for fun, for any reason, and can be from any where in
the world with an internet connection.

Well, so please stop to spread those fearful statements...go to do the
real job. Sit there and write new regulations won't save the public a
thing.

Old March 15th 05, 10:25 PM
Joe Johnson

wrote in message
th.net...

Want to buy one of my albino bengal tiger repellants? Sold for use only
in the US. $3,000. Guaranteed effective or your money back.

I had one chase me down the streets of Manhattan the other day. Where were
you when I needed you?

Old March 15th 05, 11:11 PM
Blueskies

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message news
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:53:41 -0500, "John T" wrote in
: :

I don't know whether the airlines are behind this. After all, what would
they have to gain?

Consider the fact that airline passengers must now submit to long
lines for degrading security inspections, wait for protracted periods
to meet airline schedules, and be treated like cattle. Contrast that
with the corporate or charter biz-jet GA experience. I would expect
airlines to fear loosing high paying business class customers to the
more flexible, more comfortable and less invasive GA fleet.

Not so big an issue at SNA last week. I was passing through and noticed an express lane for first class and 'preferred'
travelers that bypassed the long line for us normal folk. I wonder what it takes to be preferred...

Old March 15th 05, 11:29 PM
Jay Beckman

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

Usually it's for Silver, Gold or Platinum-level frequent flyers...or those
with a seat in first class.

I fly commercially 45+ weekends a year and would never survive it if their
weren't "preferred" lines at the ticket counter and at security.

Someday I hope to fly myself to some of the events I work but for now, I'm
stuck with going commercial.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old March 15th 05, 11:36 PM

Ah comeone.... You should be able to fit the Phoenix event in there... Heck
even Fontana or Vegas is within reach. :-)

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Old March 16th 05, 12:14 AM
Jay Beckman

wrote in message
Ah comeone.... You should be able to fit the Phoenix event in there...
Heck
even Fontana or Vegas is within reach. :-)

Someday I hope to fly myself to some of the events I work but for now,
I'm stuck with going commercial.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

--
Mike Flyin'8
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
http://flying.4alexanders.com

Mike,

I'm fairly confident that I could get from Phoenix to Ontario, North Las
Vegas, or even just over to Goodyear, AZ for the Phoenix race.

Some salient points (bearing in mind I'm a low-time VFR pilot...)

1) The event I work are not dependant upon me as a participant. They're
going to happen whether I get there or not. This is a point about which I
sometimes even have to get "fussy" with the airlines. If I don't get there,
I don't work...if I don't work, I don't get paid. It isn't as simple as
rescheduling a sales call or moving to a teleconference instead of meeting
face to face with a client.

2) I can't see an FBO renting me a plane knowing I will put 5 or 6 hours on
the Hobbs meter, but it could be away for 96 hours or more. (And what
happens if Sunday's race gets rained out and they are going to run on
Monday?) "Hello, Joe's Flight School? Uh, yeah, I won't be coming back to
Phoenix until Monday evening...maybe Tuesday morning...sorry."

Which brings up another issue. After working 45+ hours in three days (we're
practically guarenteed a 14-16 hour day on Sunday), I'm NOT going to climb
into an airplane and try to get home in the dark. That's just not going to
happen.

3) I get very little time off each week. The possibility of getting
weathered in or having to divert for any length of time would just destroy
my schedule.

Once upon a time, the TV networks bought us nice, fat, full-fare, Y-class
tickets that came with lots of flexibility. You could combine them, use
only the front or back half or even pocket them and take the bus instead (if
you were a masochist...) but now the airfares we get are dirt-cheap,
non-refundable, front-loaded tickets so you can't even keep your reservation
for the return trip if you don't fly the front half. So that rules out even
being able to fly OUT with an instructor but take a commercial flight home.

4) While I usually am a "Travel Only" on Thursdays, the races in Fontana,
Vegas, Sonoma and Texas allow me to make a few extra bucks as a
"Travel/Work." This requires that I be on the ground by 9am so that I can
grab a rental car and head to the track instead of just going to the hotel.
Barring all the other reasons above, I don't think a C172SP will get me to
SFO or DFW by 9am from Phoenix.

So, as much as I'd like to fly myself, it isn't practical...yet. ;O)

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old March 16th 05, 01:02 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Sounds like a good excuse for an IFR ticket and Multi-Rating.... Heck,
might even push the envelope and buy a twin while your at it. As a
pilot, you're rich.... At least that is what I hear about us
pilots...

[...]

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old March 16th 05, 02:29 AM
Blueskies

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message news:QdKZd.5356$uk7.3719@fed1read01...
"Blueskies" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

I can understand the special treatment in front of the airline counter, but the TSA running the passenger screening is a
government agency.

Old March 16th 05, 03:43 AM
Newps

Blueskies wrote:

Not so big an issue at SNA last week. I was passing through and noticed an express lane for first class and 'preferred'
travelers that bypassed the long line for us normal folk. I wonder what it takes to be preferred...

A concealed weapons permit does the trick nicely.